Oh Yeah

I just looked at that mod site Brian Holiday recommended in the other post and...

I mod'd my XBOX controller to work on my PC with Call of Duty - and that pwns (of course I added an LED to the connector!)

Also, I hooked up 3 blue LED's to a 9 volt battery as a "make-shift" collar for my dog. She always wanders away at night and now I'll be able to tracke her!

Earlier I tested it out in my basement by turning off the lights, turning on her collar, and sending her after hidden cookies in the basement. The video will be on Google video soon :)

COOL!

How about posting a pic. I spent the weekend building brackets out of acrylic for the Ammo PC mod I am working on, generally boring stuff. It would help my morale to see something someone else had done...:)

BH

I would but...

Working on a newer version - something a little cleaner than the prototype. I need to get a hold of those things that plug onto 9 volt batteries (instead of soldering directly onto them :) )

Now I can use my old keyboard cable to shield the wires - I broke the keyboard when I took it apart to wire in some backlit LED's - it's allright though cause it was just a cheap $15 one. (I have to resort to typing this from school until tonight when I'll get a new board after night classes)

Yesterday I ordered 100 LED lights from eBay 20 white, orange, blue, red, and green. Then I ordered a lot of 500 some resistors.

My plan for the improved collar is...

9 volt battery -----------resisitor---------------switch--------------blue LED--------------------white LED------------------orange LED-----------------(back to battery)

The switch will just be a simple clicker - my orginal design had two paperclips, a bunch of wires, and electrical tape.

I'll most likely get back to work on it Wednesday or this weekend if I have time (really busy with morning football workouts, school, and SAT night classes across town.)

Know any good simple things I can put LED's on to use up my other 97 lights???

Cool - my boss gave me his 5CD guide for electronics (circuits and crap)

Noted, you are now my official first person to ask for circuit diagrams...:D

BH

It's a hell alot more than just circuit diagrams - it's enough to preoccupy me until i get a new girlfriend (i've recently had a lot of free time b/c my last one relationship just ended)

It's sad that i invest free time in computers and LED's

ya know I was glad my girlfriend broke up with me (I was gonna do it but she beat to the draw, we're still friends). The phone quit ringin off the hook (I hate talkin on the phone) and I was finally able to get back to playin my games and have money again.

By the way cool stuff. Our dog stays inside though. If she sees a squirell or something we're liable to never see her again. The cat we don't worry about since she knows where the food is. Man people around here think I'm a tech whiz. I am, but you make me look like a jackass. Actually I'm already that too. :P

Actaully I have a few mods under the hood of my car think ya'll wanna see that.

Edited by Honda_Boy
ya know I was glad my girlfriend broke up with me (I was gonna do it but she beat to the draw, we're still friends). The phone quit ringin off the hook (I hate talkin on the phone) and I was finally able to get back to playin my games and have money again.

By the way cool stuff. Our dog stays inside though. If she sees a squirell or something we're liable to never see her again. The cat we don't worry about since she knows where the food is. Man people around here think I'm a tech whiz. I am, but you make me look like a jackass. Actually I'm already that too. :P

Actaully I have a few mods under the hood of my car think ya'll wanna see that.

I was in one of those - want to break up, but all her friends will hate me - so I act like a dick for a few days so she breaks up things.

Anyways - now my wallet is fuller and my cell phone bill is about 1/10 of normal.

As far as being a tech whiz - I find it really funny now how I use to think I was a whiz back in 7th or 8th grade when I didn't know jack about computers - nowadays I know a little more than jack