Hey,

i have decent browsing speeds(going from web page to web page, but when i go to downl oad somethign i it lisk at 23KBS whichs it horrible im suppose to be getting 4mbs) i just got an RMA for the old router and i now have the new one and updated firmware but did not help, if you have any ideas taht would be great!

What are you downloading from? Your router firewall restriction could be too high or the site you are downloading from may be the reason. Is it *cough* P2P or torrents?

Yeah, 4MB internet won't download 4MB/s on P2P

It will also slow down your internet while you download (not that I download P2P :D )

What are you downloading from? Your router firewall restriction could be too high or the site you are downloading from may be the reason. Is it *cough* P2P or torrents?

Yeah, 4MB internet won't download 4MB/s on P2P

It will also slow down your internet while you download (not that I download P2P :D )

well why would i think of even using P2P...lol, but when i downloading from like download.com for virus protection or anythign it is like REALLY REALLY slow...

Download.com is heavily used which could account for slow downloads. Why would you download an anti-virus program through them?

They have been known to have overloaded servers and I don't know if it's still true, but they used to be known for attaching malware to thier programs. Just go to the originators site.

Download.com is heavily used which could account for slow downloads. Why would you download an anti-virus program through them?

They have been known to have overloaded servers and I don't know if it's still true, but they used to be known for attaching malware to thier programs. Just go to the originators site.

ok well, any web site i download from is slow as hell.

do you guys have any advise as to what to do?

Have either of you contacted your ISP to see if there is a problem at their end? Are your firewalls configured correctly? Have you tried unplugging the power to your routers and or modems to recycle them?

Yes, comcast came out a couple weeks ago and said everything was fine, i disable my firewall and same problem, yes i have restarted both router and modem....any other ideas?

Have either of you contacted your ISP to see if there is a problem at their end? Are your firewalls configured correctly? Have you tried unplugging the power to your routers and or modems to recycle them?

Yes, comcast came out a couple weeks ago and said everything was fine, i disable my firewall and same problem, yes i have restarted both router and modem....any other ideas?

Maybe try connecting to the net w/o the router. I once had that problem and took the router out and my connection was fine. Couble be the router.

Maybe try connecting to the net w/o the router. I once had that problem and took the router out and my connection was fine. Couble be the router.

i would do that but there are like 5 other computers needing the internet...hence the router