I use, and love it. Every now and then the voice quality goes down the toilet, but that could be my crappy cable company.

It was super easy to set up. I bought my adapter from Radio Shack. The salesmen at radio shack set ym vonage account up, so all I had to do at home was plug it in.

It took about 8 months and several phone calls to get my MIR from VOnage. This seems to be a common problem, but if you keep calling them you WILL get your rebate.

EDIT:

Also, Ive heard slot of people complaing about the customer service. However, Ive had short wait times and very helpfull CS reps. Plus, you can call them 24/7, which is great.

Edited by Bubba Bob
Thanks for your input, It is appreciated.

did you have any trouble tranfereing your phone number?

they advertise $25/month for unlimited usage. Does the price end up being alot higher with hidden taxes and fees?

I didn't tranfer my number. It sounds like too much of a hassle IMO.

I pay $27.xx eveyr month, so its pretty close to their quote.

OMG, vonage is amazing.

Great service, cheap and international calls are cheap.

I'm indian, and my dad calls india a lot to talk to family.

With ATT our phone bill gets around $200-$300

but with Vonage..its around $80.

Just wondering, whats vonage's rate for India, and perhaps Pakistan if you know? My dad and I were thinking about it, but we call overseas a lot, especially India and Pakistan. I heard Vonage was great, but I never had the iniative to go there.....

don't forget, in case of needing a 911 call, until things are completely ironed out, you still need a standard landline or cell with service. There was a big lawsuit against vonage because someone couldn't call 911 when their house was on fire.

And there was another case where a lady was almost killed by a robber because she didn't have 911 available with it.

• 7 months later...
don't forget, in case of needing a 911 call, until things are completely ironed out, you still need a standard landline or cell with service. There was a big lawsuit against vonage because someone couldn't call 911 when their house was on fire.

And there was another case where a lady was almost killed by a robber because she didn't have 911 available with it.

wow thats nuts...but i would still recomend it...i have had no probs so far...but like another poster said...sometime voice quality goes bad...but thats only temp