Tnt2 No Longer Supported?

This is the same comp as the one with the 2K prob. I trashed 2K and put 98se on it. Well I tried using the 95/98/Me 81.98 Forceware drivers. It said there was no nVidia chip present. Well there is. It's a 32MB eVGA e-TNT2. Well I had an old eVGA disc that came with my 5700 Ultra. Well cause of the old ADM system in it, it spotted out the chipset it was running on and installed all the nesecary drivers. Handy disc to have around for old computers let me tell ya. Well after installing all that and restarting, it tried to install old 6 series drivers but there is a failure every time. That doesn't surprise anywhere near as much as the new 8 series drivers. It says on their website GeForce and TNT2. So has nVidia stopped supporting the TNT2 in newer drivers?

There latest drivers have been causing problems with a lot of their old hardware. I personally stopped updating them. Mine works and thats all that matters, as long as it runs properly im fine, the drivers havn't and i doubt they will ever give me a magic 20FPS boost...

actually I think the drivers that came with that 5700 are 5 series. I used the CD that came with my 6600GT. They were 6 series drivers. They worked fine. I jsut don't see why the 8 series drivers didn't work. I did have some 7 series drivers somewhere but I don't know where I put them.