Any Recommendations On A Dvd Backup App?

Hey all,

lately I have been searching for the "perfect" DVD backup solution. I have been using DVD shrink for some time now. I like how simple it is to use but I don't like it how it backs up the movie previews and extras causing reduction in quality of course. Is there a way that I can chose to backup the movie with the menus and chapter selections as well? Or what other DVD backup application do you guys use and recommend, that do what i am asking here. since there are so many and i simply do not have enough time to personally try them all.

perhaps you're ready for dual layer recording...putting a dual layered movie on a single layer disk will always require compression...

not always. If you remove the extras, which include: extra audio tracks, subtitles, previews, and other non movie files. You can be left with the actual dvd movie that will fit on single layer dvd without compression. I would say about one third of the movies I rip, do not require any compression to be made to fit.

well if you read the op's post you might see that removing all the extra's was what he wanted to stop having to do.....

the only way to copy a 9+ gb disk without compression or elimination(or copy protection de-crypting to be honest about it) is to burn it to a dual layer...you can buy a dl burner cheap and the disk prices have dropped to acceptable levels recently...