hi team just been to g4 and in the last 2 days i saw 2 posts that defies conception .the firsr was some one wanted the be able eject the cd from the cd rom from the command prompt.

and now some one wants to get rid of the sys tray.in regards to the sys tray .

i rang the local microsoft branch

and this was the reply

sys tray is an embedded part of the win sys.

and to remove it would harm your sys.the things in the tray are what helps tp make your compt operate smoothl.

there were a few replys to that post and all of the posters said it woud be bad for your sys.he was a school boy.

the thing that got me was the young man wouldnt take no for an answer .he had his mind made up.

now my Q can that tray be deleted.without any adverse affect on your sys.

hey we learn all the time .microsoft said you can hide it but cant eliminate it

bloody confused

marty

Hey Marty,

I read the post about the system tray, and while I think it is a little strange, I'm all for changing things to how I want them...maybe he has a clock widget...maybe he doesn't care to see what programs are running or have the functionality of r-clicking an icon...lol

I think his question was answered about as well as it could be...by turning of the clock and a regedit you can make it damn near gone but it's still there....I don't think it's possible to completely remove it without consequences.

Well Marty that is not as bad as that long thread over there the other day discussing what kind of power screw driver to buy. On the tech board no less. I was gonna ask about a new lawn mower because I need one but I ran out of time.......HAHAHAHAHAHA.....BTW what do you poeple think of Honda lawn mowers?......Hahahahahaha......

Well Marty that is not as bad as that long thread over there the other day discussing what kind of power screw driver to buy. On the tech board no less. I was gonna ask about a new lawn mower because I need one but I ran out of time.......HAHAHAHAHAHA.....BTW what do you poeple think of Honda lawn mowers?......Hahahahahaha......

hi il_wiccan

i also saw a post where some one wanted iliminate www.

and just type[ go there] in the address bar.

not sure if this can be done .other than links.he didnt want to type all those words

www.------.com

my ive learned some things on that board

and a hell of a lot of b-----t

this is a more reasonable board

marty

Best Lawn Mowers: (out of 39)Honda HRX217HXA Self-Propelled Mower, Toro Personal Pace Self-Propelled Mower 20031, Craftsman 37894 Self-Propelled Mower

when i lived in the country i used to use a goat .

those days i couldnt afford a lawn mower.and the goat did a good job

i had him tied to a revolving clothesline.but he used to.got to my trousers legs so i had to tie him to a stake.the moral of the stories.is if you cant afford a lawn mower .buy a goat.

hi il_wiccan what do you think

marty

We like Honda lawn mowers alot. In fact my hubby wont buy anything else. Our first one lasted over 20 years. Our newest one is a couple of years old and doing fine. They are tough, and able to mow over rough ground (such as the alley mix of gravel and weeds and high/low spots) and high grass, even wet grass. My hubby used to do several neighborhood seniors' yards besides ours, now just does two. By the way, one of my hubby's favorite fall things is to use the mower to clean up fallen leaves, wet or dry, from yard, sidewalk and street. Shows up the neighbors with their rakes, and blowers. It is so much easier to use the mower, quieter too, to shred/pick them up and the mower bag makes it easy to dump them in our garden for winter mulch. We also use the grass clippings for garden as we don't use harmful chemicals in yard. So it all enriches the garden.

As for the goat idea, we had goats on our small farm when I was a kid. They are great at eating brush, blackberries, even poison ivy/oak. In fact I have read that if they eat the poison ivy/oak that the milk helps you build up an immunity to those things. I think it must be so, as I have only had a couple of tiny blisters from poison oak in all the years of gardening, hiking, and blackberry/huckleberry picking that I have done in areas infested with both of them.

As for the goats eating grass, ours didn't like it as well as brush, only ate it as a last resort. The neighbors' sheep liked grass better, but chewed it down to the bare ground.

God bless everyone.

Best Lawn Mowers: (out of 39)Honda HRX217HXA Self-Propelled Mower, Toro Personal Pace Self-Propelled Mower 20031, Craftsman 37894 Self-Propelled Mower

Nothing runs like a Deere!