Well the back light is messed up on it. It's a Sceptre X7 Iguana. The backlight works for only a fraction of a second only when first recieves a signal, say when you first turn it on or say when it switch screens while booting or changing resolutions in windows. The light refuses to stay on. and it ain't brightness or the monitor is completely broke..... it ain't. It's just the light trust me. So does anyone know of a way I can fix it myself for cheap cause it's gonna cost more than it's worth to fix it at a shop and I have no warranty for it. Thank god it was free. Well if anyone knows anything I could do I'd like to know.

Also I don't think it is the light itself. It seems to be fine but rather I think it is whatever controls the light is messed up. It tells it to turn on but it doesn't tell it to stay on, I think. I could be wrong. Other than the light the unit works. I used a flashlight up against it to slightly illuminate it. It works.

Thanks for any kind of help.

thanks maybe when I get my tax return I'll take a crack at it. (actually my tax return is about the same amount as an average paycheck). It's not like I'm desperate to get it running. I have more CRT's than I know what to do with. It'd just be nice to have that LCD in my repair station due to its automatic screen sizing.