Geforce 6600

i have a geforce 6600 (bet u couldn't have guessed that one either, huh?) and I had contacted NVidia and they said I could monitor the temp and control the core clock speed from the setting s menu. Well I haven't gotten back with them and ran across this forum so I thought I would ask you. I have covered their desktop menu the XP device menu and hardware properties and have yet to find anything describing or controling these items. can you enlighten me please.

Thanks

JW :wacko:

there could be a sensor but the card manufacturer may have disabled it. I just read that 6600GT's (that's what I have) have them but most manufacturers disable them to discourage OC'ing. On the 6600GT you have to mod the BIOS (yes modding IS actually in here somewhere). I'll give you a link but if yours ain't a GT then it might not work.

Here it is.

Enabling Temperature Monitoring on the nVidia 6600GT

If you want to Control your Clock speed that's easy just google Coolbits. It's a registry file that adds itself in and all you have to do is open the cards settings and voila. I'll go ahead and give ya a link for that too.

Coolbits 2.0 on 3D Guru

And if that don't work this attachment also contains Coolbits but I can't ever get attachments to work right on forums. Whatta ya know I think it works.

Edited by Honda_Boy