3 Problems With Windows 2000

Dear Forum members and moderators-

I am having 3 problems with my old computer that runs Windows 2000.

1. I loaded my new printer software and received the following message:

Cannot Find SHELL.DLL The printer is working temporarily after uninstall and install again. Any

ideas how to fix??

2. I located a website (Merijn.org) where I can download the shell.dll file but I cannot find the folder

C:\WINNT\System32\dllcache. This folder is recommended as the download location of the zipped file

Then copy it into C:\Winnt\System32\shell.dll. I cannot find either of these folders.

3. When the system boots up now I am receiving the following Unable to find Windows2000

root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe.

Please help if you can. I am a little more dangerous than a novice computer person.

Thank you in advance,

dvmdave in Virginia, USA

By the way, I moved this thread to PC Support since it's a thread for help and not a tip or a trick. B)

As for question #3 that isn't good at all, if you don't know what ntoskrnl.exe is it's a vital system file.

ntoskrnl.exe is a critical process in the boot-up cycle of your computer. Look here for more info as well as some suggested fixes that might help you out: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000646.htm

B

Well the folder you are looking for is hidden, i do belive, so in your file browser goto:

Tools > Folder Options > (Tab) View > Show Hidden Files and Folders

Thanks fubz for the rapid reply-

The show hidden files and folders was checked......Ouch! I would welcome your other thoughts.

dvmdave

By the way, I moved this thread to PC Support since it's a thread for help and not a tip or a trick. B)

As for question #3 that isn't good at all, if you don't know what ntoskrnl.exe is it's a vital system file.

ntoskrnl.exe is a critical process in the boot-up cycle of your computer. Look here for more info as well as some suggested fixes that might help you out: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000646.htm

B

Thanks B- Sorry I posted in the wrong section.........I am new to the site.

I will try the website you suggested.

Thank you,

dvmdave