Need A Cooling Recommendation..

I would like to get around 44-C or less with this if possible... Right now at about 48-C to 50-C...

"AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+", using a " Raidmax X-1 ATX Mid-tower Case w/420W Power Supply" Standard Heatsink & Fan...

It's getting a bit warm running SETI@Home on both the cores at 100% CPU Usage while surfing and listening to Music...

I would like to get around 44-C or less with this if possible... Right now at about 48-C to 50-C...

"AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+", using a " Raidmax X-1 ATX Mid-tower Case w/420W Power Supply" Standard Heatsink & Fan...

It's getting a bit warm running SETI@Home on both the cores at 100% CPU Usage while surfing and listening to Music...

I'm assuming you have the stock heatsink - if so you can either upgrade the heatsink, get new grease on your processor, or switch to water cooling.

The most practical idea would be a new heatsink (I'd also get some of that arctic 5 cooling as much as everyone raves about it)

**Just remembered - go into your BIOS and see what your CPU fan is running at for optimal temperature. There's a good chance it's not running full speed so you could change it there or through something such as speedfan

IF you have enough room in your case I recomend this.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16835103164

Its 90 dollar miniture water cooling set. Im using it right now. It comes preassembled so all you have to do is install it. If its a AMD motherboard you may have to remove the Motherboard and install this reinforcing plate on the back. I get 44C when Idiling with this cooling system and while running Folding@Home I get around 50 but never above 54. If you are going to get it make sure to measure everything out before you buy. Mine almost doesnt fit. I dont think newegg accepts returns on it either.

Edited by Sir_Siddy
How's the air flow within the case? Do you have an exhaust fan at the back under the PSU? Are those temps from the Temperature panel included with the case? If so have you tried Everest to double check?

Yep TT it has a fan underneath the PSU and one on the Side of the case and it's using the *Stock* Heatsink & Fan...

And Everest is what I use to check the Temps...

This is the MOBO...

Asus A8N-SLI Premium nForce4-SLI Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Dual Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, IEEE 1394, Dual PCI-E MB

I'm wondering if a *Blue Orb II* would work & Fit or maybe this one...

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/product/cool...14/cl-p0114.asp

Or should I use *Speedfan* and kick all the fan Speeds up a bit???... I don't mind the noise cause I don't hear it when I have music playing...

Edited by KeithLDick

If the thermal paste was applied correctly the stock heatsink/fan should cool that to near/under 36C. I think their is a problem with airflow around the CPU. You have to be careful with what heatsink setup you use so you don't block the airflow to the chipset heatsink.

If the thermal paste was applied correctly the stock heatsink/fan should cool that to near/under 36C. I think their is a problem with airflow around the CPU. You have to be careful with what heatsink setup you use so you don't block the airflow to the chipset heatsink.

It will run at 32-C if I am not running SETI@Home on Both Cores 100% of the time...

I would like to keep Running SETI that's why I want to get a better cooling option or maybe speed the fans up..

I've got one word....................Zalman. They make the best CPU HSF's, I've heard. I use coolermaster cause i'm cheap and lazy. And 50 Celsius is cool for my blazin hot XP 3000+. My 2000+ runs slightly cooler but my stinkin 2600+ runs at like 36. and that's on some cheapo fan Compaq slapped on it. any way Zalmans take a little more work too atach than a regular fan. thats why i bought a cheap coolermaster at my local shop. Here's some suggestions.

ZALMAN CNPS7000B-ALCU 92mm 2 Ball Cooling Fan - Retail

ZALMAN CNPS7000B-AlCu LED 2 Ball Blue LED Light Cooling Fan/Heatsink - Retail

ZALMAN CNPS7000B-Cu LED 2 Ball Blue LED Light Cooling Fan - Retail

ZALMAN CNPS7700-ALCU 120mm 2 Ball Cooling Fan - Retail

ZALMAN CNPS7000B-CU 92mm 2 Ball Cooling Fan/Heatsink - Retail

ZALMAN CNPS7700-CU 120mm 2 Ball Cooling Fan with Copper Heatsink - Retail

Edited by Honda_Boy

How's the air flow within the case? Do you have an exhaust fan at the back under the PSU? Are those temps from the Temperature panel included with the case? If so have you tried Everest to double check?

Yep TT it has a fan underneath the PSU and one on the Side of the case and it's using the *Stock* Heatsink & Fan...

And Everest is what I use to check the Temps...

This is the MOBO...

Asus A8N-SLI Premium nForce4-SLI Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Dual Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, IEEE 1394, Dual PCI-E MB

I'm wondering if a *Blue Orb II* would work & Fit or maybe this one...

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/product/cool...14/cl-p0114.asp

Or should I use *Speedfan* and kick all the fan Speeds up a bit???... I don't mind the noise cause I don't hear it when I have music playing...

From your link

Intel P4 LGA775

Intel P4 478 Prescott FMB1.5

AMD Athlon 64 / Athlon 64 FX

AMD Athlon XP up to 3400+

AMD Sempron up to 3400+

Im thinking sence it only supports up to a 3400+ on the athlon xps and the semprons that it will be actually les powerful then your current HSF.

2 of these USB Fans http://www.meritline.com/usb-fan.html One blowing IN the intake and the other blowing directly on my FX5500 & SB X-Fi cards lowered the temps 10 to 12 degrees as per Everest readings on my puter case..Not that they needed it..$20 bucks and that includes shipping...........

Edited by kidcnote