Anyone have and needs/wants for a program? Something kinda small, because I like to program (in java), but I dont have the motivation to program for a few months on one project :P . And well im out of idea for myself, my latest project was a File Transfer program because i found AIM to be too slow :P

So anyone have any ideas? I could use a nice learning experience.

Anyone have and needs/wants for a program? Something kinda small, because I like to program (in java), but I dont have the motivation to program for a few months on one project :P . And well im out of idea for myself, my latest project was a File Transfer program because i found AIM to be too slow :P

So anyone have any ideas? I could use a nice learning experience.

ok........since you asked...providing you have the time.

here's my situation...I do a lot of techinal drawings and the program I use only deals in decimal.

I measure something that shows 138 inches

I need it to show as 11ft.-6in.

if it's too much trouble don't worry.................thanks.

WOW! Fubz--I didn't download it (Java is in the coffeepot, not sure about my computer) but that sounds AMAZING! Sure could have used that during my flooring salesrep days!....Great idea, Bearskin, Great invention, Fubz! Get a patent on that one quick!

Where's your donut avatar? I miss him....

Liz

Edited by blim
Here ya go bearskin :)

converter.png

I also made an option (in File menu) that will automatically copy the results to your clipboard.

http://www.fubz.us/net/converter.exe

You will need at least Java 1.4 to run it, you should have it. Tell me what you think, and/or if you would like to see something more.

:)

Cool! Nicely done, man! :thumbsup:

converter.png

I also made an option (in File menu) that will automatically copy the results to your clipboard.

You will need at least Java 1.4 to run it, you should have it. Tell me what you think, and/or if you would like to see something more.

well fubz...ain't that the greatest thing I've ever seen? I've looked all over the web for something like that and couldn't find one. that is the handiest thing that I could ever have around and it just sits right there in my tray...I also like the way it defaults to my color scheme...I will give you all the credit and my first born son....thanks

WOW!!!

GOOD JOB!!! fubz :thumbsup:

I think you did a great job on the converter. You have great potental....

Keep it up, but remember. When your rich, keep us all in mind... :lol:

Idea: I needed this and couldn't find a good one (without paying mega-bucks for an entire training program). I was training to be a Blackjack dealer and you have to know the payouts. Let's say you bet $1, the payout for BJ would be one-and-a-half times that, $1.50. Easy enough.

But you have to "know" the payout for ANY amount bet. $37.50? $376.00? $74.50?

So a sort of calculator that would display a random bet (between, say, $5 and $2000, the minimum and maximum bets usually allowed, in $0.50 increments). You type in the payout (to be correct it would have to be one-and-a-half times the bet displayed) and the program would display either "Correct" and advance to the next random bet, or "Wrong" and you try again.

Since all you're doing it typing a number and hitting enter you'd just use the number keypad, and it could go pretty fast (as long as you're getting the right payout).

Enhancements? Maybe being able to choose the range for the bets (lower than $5, higher than $2000), or changing the increments (quarters or dollars instead of fifty cent increments). Possibly scoring, but that's not really the point, which is; practice, practice practice.

Well JDoors, here ya go!

bjtrainer.png

Generates random number between lower - upperbounds specified, in increments

type in answer, W/O $, and if its say $2, you can type 2, or 2.0, or 2.00

Same as if the answer is $2.50, you can type 2.5, or 2.50, whatever floats your boat.

Options to change lower/upper/increment.

And tells you how many you got right/wrong each session.

And tells you the right answer when you get it wrong.

http://www.fubz.us/net/BJDealerTrainer.exe

Comments/suggestions/criticism welcome. (just don't be too mean :P)

Hope this is what you wanted.

My friend and i were talking about that... we were like wow, you really gotta know this? This is rediculous, we kept trying and were off by a lot, we figured that most people will bet something easy like 2k, or 300 to make it easy.

Yeah, a dealer should be able to just pay out without thinking. And if you pay someone something-or-other and 50 cents, they might leave that there for the next hand so you wind up with all kinds of random amounts.

Just so's you know, the program I found online that included that little 'calculator' (plus a ton of other stuff), went for over three hundred dollars. I didn't happen to need the other stuff (like where to place cards, how to handle insurance & other bets, etc.), just the calculator, so I wasn't gonna pay three hundred bucks for it. Plus that program was poorly designed & was originally in BASIC or something similar so it looked like crap.

Umm, you're not gonna hit me up for three hundred bucks now, are you? :blink:

well fubz

your an amazing person

i went to your site some time ago

and i was impressed with what i saw

i may have mentioned it in a post

at the time

time plays havoc with my memory

but it sure is good to have some one like you on the board

this board brings up some great talent

good luck

marty

• 3 weeks later...

converter.png

You are amazing fubz. I D/L your converter, which incidently, made me update Java. It takes so long on dial-up that I just simply ignore it until I'm forced to do so. Same goes for Acrobat reader.

I love gadgets. :lol: Thanks :thumbsup:

I love this board and its people ^_^

Its the friendliest place on the net.

What a "smart cookie" (sorry couldn't resist that one!!!) you are young man!!! :rolleyes:

I am really impressed with your talent. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The future is in good hands with young people such as yourself coming of age!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

We love having you on this board with us. :wub:

Pat

God bless everyone.