What Are You Planning Or Working On?

We now have a modding forum, so I thought it might be a good start to find out what everyone is working on.

As for my weekends and free time, I am doing an advanced case mod for a LAN Party machine. It is made out of a plastic composite 25mm cannon ammo case. I have been told this is the 25 MM ammo used on the Bradley. To catch up on what I have done so far, my worklog is hosted at:

Jimbo's

So what are all of you doing? What are you interested in? etc.

TIA,

BH

Awesome dude. Yoshi back in the days of TSS did one with I think a metal .50 Cal box. Either that or it was a .30 cal box. More than likely a .50 cal though.

Me I'd like to move my Tower into the closet right next to my desk and have extra long IDE cables goin to the floppy and CD drives and some extra long power button cables. I'd like to mount it all under my desk for a kinda of cool hidden effect, and convenient cup holders :thumbsup: . I probably won't do it though.

I'd really like to do some mods but due to my limited creativity I can't really do it to easily. Though I do have a somewhat active imagination, I just can't come up with good mod ideas. About the best thing I've done is hiding my surge protector under the desk right above the computer. A nice hidden power switch for the speakers and monitor. Still have to turn the tower on manually.

skill level: Begginer in modding, in building PC's....Guru (in my town)

Budget: Next to nothing. My job sucks

The remote switch you mentioned got me thinking. Why not use this:

http://www.hobbyengineering.com/H1238.html

Then just run a lead to your MB Power switch lead. I haven't tried it, but it looks like an easy project. You might be able to put the touch switch contacts into a cool case. A Hellraiser cube might be nice...:)

One basic project that a lot pf people seem to do is get an old case and spruce it up with paint. For 20 bucks in materials you can make a really nice project.

With paint also comes windowing. A little plexi and some door guard 'rubber' from an auto parts store and you are set. That project will probably cost less than $10 if you have the tools.

Drive stealthing is pretty popular also. That is probably $10 in materials. The mod has been done to death so you can find a lot of examples on google.

If any of these appeal to you, let me know. I can find some good references and examples, I have an extensive link library.

BH

Well my sidewinder is already pretty cool with it's clear side panel and itsmultiple blue LED fans and Sidewinder written down the side. My Compaq is the one I want to do the closet thing with and its already black and silver. If I get my grand mothers computer I might mod it out the wazzoo cause it's still in a Beige case.

Well my sidewinder is already pretty cool with it's clear side panel and itsmultiple blue LED fans and Sidewinder written down the side. My Compaq is the one I want to do the closet thing with and its already black and silver. If I get my grand mothers computer I might mod it out the wazzoo cause it's still in a Beige case.

Slick! Can you post images?

BH

Here's the sidewinder close up. It no longer has a blue LED CPU fan it sucked. Replaced with smaller black HSF that worked far better.

100_0725s.jpg

Here's the whole setup.

100_0723s.jpg

I haven't any pictures of the Compaq or the Beige rig. Need to break out the Digital Camera sometime and get updated pics of the computers and the car.

Man! That is a really nice setup. Your window looks really nice, the sidewinder decal or paint is awesome.

You should consider painting the inside, I think that would really make it pop. One additional mod that might make a difference is the addition of carrying handles on the top. They really come in handy if you want to take it to a LAN party...:)

All in all a pretty nice rig. Sure beats the hell out of what is sitting on my desk...lol. At least I didn't go for beige..:D

BH

Edited by Brian_Holiday

built the beast myself. Too bad it's outdated hardware. Athlon XP 3000+, 1GB RAM, Audigy 2 ZS, and 6600GT. The case is cool and and I have DVD-ROM and DVD+/-RW. I wish I had A few hundred bucks for a 7800GS to extend the life of my rig but I'm savin about $400 for some 97-01 Acura Integra GS-R Replica wheels for my car. maybe i could get one or the other for my birthday in April.

It's too bad the Sidewinder Series cases aren't as cool as mine anymore. I think MGE messed up dropping that case. I might even have overlooked the cheap front USB ports and gotten a blue version of the case with Silver lettering and accents. Ah well whatta ya gonna do?

Painting the inside sounds cool. Maybe some UV paint so it could glow when I turn it on.

Hey you know what, there is actually a small mod I did create a short while back. I had a pair of 200W 3-Way Sony XPlod speakers and 2 Lite-On drive boxes (one DVD-ROM and the other DVD-/+RW). I took a pocket knife and cut holes out of the boxes and placed the speakers in them and ran some extra Pioneer wire out of them and hooked them up to a computer Altec Lansing BX3 Sub and using a Logitech Video game adapter hooked them up to my DVD Player. I also can k=hook them up to my PS/X N64 and Super Nintendo. I don't hook them up to the old CD Player Unit anymore. The DVD player is MUCH newer and works far better.

Here's the pics for the Compaq and my speaker mod.

Here's the tower.

room001.jpg

Here's the whole setup.

room002.jpg

And here's the speaker mod. The sub is in the floor on the lower left hand corner of the picture.

room003.jpg