How To Remove Emachine Fan To Clean Behind It?

You have 2 options -

get a vaccum and compressed air - shoot air into the heatsink and fan while sucking out all the dust (you don't want dust spreading all throughout your computer

remove the heatsink from the socket, unhook the power cord, and blow out the heatsink. Don't touch the grease on the bottom of the heatsink or on top of the CPU they keep it cool. Reattach the heatsink properly (the groove needs to lock in with the processor socket) and plug the fan back into the motherboard

How does one remove the internal fan in an Emachine T3624 to clean behind it?

See fan picture-

http://i1.tinypic.com/mj8nwz.jpg

Thank you.

That picture is not real clear but if those are 4 screws on top there then I have the same set-up and all I did was unscrew the fan there and used a artists brush with long soft brissels and cleaned out the fan blades and the silver heat sink while holding a vacuum tube next to it..but if those aren't screws, then follow the advise above..

That picture is not real clear but if those are 4 screws on top there then I have the same set-up and all I did was unscrew the fan there and used a artists brush with long soft brissels and cleaned out the fan blades and the silver heat sink while holding a vacuum tube next to it..but if those aren't screws, then follow the advise above..

Edited by MrBill

Last time I check ALL Heatsinks use grease

I've never encountered one that doesn't - the only other possibility is when the heatsink comes pre-coated in grease along the bottom (as new ones come with CPU's)

Aside from that, you need the grease just like you need the heatsink