Sponsored By

Sign in to follow this  
arachnid40

For Sale

My friend has a new Radeo X300se PCI Express video card. He bought it online then relized he doesnt have a slot for it. If anyone is interested it is $55.00 plus shipping. If interested email me at [email protected]

Michael

obviously not windows tech support issue so i moved it to open chat

Sorry Mac :-(

Just to let you folks know, we don't allow advertising here at Besttechie.net. This is to keep out commercial spammers who come by and post things for sale and never intend to become members.

We DO ALLOW members to sell the occasional item here, but it has to be approved from a Besttechie admin to remain posted.

This is one of those times that a member will be allowed to post something for sale...long time member...one time deal kinda thing, so I've approved this post.

Quote from our rules on Advertising:

Commercial Advertising

Not allowed.

We don't want to become a mini Ebay or a Garage sale, nor do we want the boards cluttered with spam advertising. As boards become popular, they also become targets for spam advertisers who are easy to spot. They're the ones with 1 post....and its a link to their product or site, or 10 posts in different forums all with the same link. Lock these and contact the member to see if they're going to be legitimate members, or are just here to advertise. If the OP doesn't respond, its most likely they have no desire to join Besttechie, contact an Admin for possible account suspension.

There may be times when a member has something they want to advertise though, this must be approved by a Besttechie Admin first, before its posted. If you run across a post like this, move it to trash until such time as you can contact an Admin for approval, and contact the member to explain what happened to the post. Once approved, it can be reposted, but if its not approved then we will contact the member to explain why.

Edited by Chappy

Thank you Chappy, I do not want to cause any problems with the post, if there is please feel free to delete the post. There are no hard feelings I promise. I have been great fan of this forum and would not want anything to tarnish it.

Michael

Thank you Chappy, I do not want to cause any problems with the post, if there is please feel free to delete the post. There are no hard feelings I promise. I have been great fan of this forum and would not want anything to tarnish it.

Michael

Hi Michael

No, not a problem at all!!

Like I said, members can sell the occasional item here...that's just fine. It's those pesky ones that only join up to link their site or have a commercial sales site they're advertising, that we don't want.

This post is just fine, no issue with it at all. You're an established member with an extra card for sale, so we know it's not commercial advertising or site spamming. I simply wanted to point out for other members, just what type of advertising we DO allow, and this is a perfect example of that type of post.

I hope you can find someone that needs a card like this...just remember tho....we get a 25% cut off the top, cash only please...;) (kidding)

Commercial Advertising

Not allowed.

We don't want to become a mini Ebay or a Garage sale,

isnt this the "garage sale" board?

heh, sorry...

just picking fun...

HEY CHAPPY! :D

Hi Drew

"just picking fun"...heheh, ya, I guess that does look a little funny eh :P

Well...that was posted before the Garage Sale board was thought of, and the quote from the Mod Manual is now slightly outdated I guess eh.

;)

We didn't want folks posting stuff for sale all over the place before this, so the rule was written with that in mind, but now we have a specific place for such things so I'll have to tweak that rule some. We think this is the way to go and hope the members get some real use out of it, the first item went in the same day!

Commercial adverts are still non-grata, that won't change...we're NOT the Classifieds here.

no classifieds heh? when then i guess BestTechie Geek Personals would be out of the question.

AWW MAN...

NOW what am I to do? :P

Heheh....that's not my department buddy.

;)

Next thing you know, you folks will want us to have a "Besttechie Adult Services" section as well...have to draw the line somewhere.

no classifieds heh? when then i guess BestTechie Geek Personals would be out of the question.

AWW MAN...

NOW what am I to do? :P

Heheh....that's not my department buddy.

;)

Next thing you know, you folks will want us to have a "Besttechie Adult Services" section as well...have to draw the line somewhere.

Wanted:

Female, 29 - 49 y.o., 5'2" - 5'9", 100 - 135 lbs., loves messing with computers and enjoys NASCAR.

hehehehehe

DANGER, DANGER, DANGER!

post-3-1141242618_thumb.jpg

hehehhe good one bozodog :)

hehehe

Brian