Avast Vs Norton System Works 2003

Hey guys

Iv been hearing alot of things about Nortons products. Not so good stuf either. I still have a year left free with my Norton System Works 2003 CD but I was wondering if it would be better to switch over to Avast. Is avast more secure? I know it uses alot less sytem resources but I want to make sure my PC stays virus free.

On my main system I use both Norton and AVG. Norton usually runs as Primary and when it slips up or dies (and a Virus killed it once with AVG cleaning the mess up). When Norton runs out in April, I'll run just AVG and replace the Norton firewall with a free one or something. Norton SUCKS. Actually I also have a router so I have double firewalls.

Now on my room system right now I just run AVG and Windows firewall but I think I'll try a free firewall.

Edited by Honda_Boy

I use Avast on my laptop and really like it a lot. It automatically updates (quite fast )

I have it set up to scan weekly for viruses, and takes about the same amount of time Norton did.

I use PC-Cillin 2005 on my desk top, as I was unhappy with NIS 2005, and wanted to try it.

I'm also very satisfied with PC-Cillin.

I use PC-Cillin 2005 on my desk top, as I was unhappy with NIS 2005, and wanted to try it.

I'm also very satisfied with PC-Cillin.

The owner of a local computer shop I hang out at all the time always uses PC-Cilin and he loves it. He installs it on every computer he builds.

It's just amazing that the best protection software out there is free if you just look hard enough. I've lost count of how many people that come into my shop that have paid big bucks for norton and such and their computer is still infected, or has locked down their computer so tight that they can no longer get any type of Internet connection. Yeah the software is real secure, can't get much more secure on the net then not having access to it. LOL

I use AVG and MSAS myself and Spybot S&D as a Re-active measure if something happens to get through, which hasn't happened yet.

Fenor

The top 10 AVs in the world are all good. Believe it or not Norton is on the list. Norton may find something while others don't, but it can go vise versa also. So what it comes down to is preference and tolerence. Norton takes forever to update, uses alot of system resources, and even though you may have bought there product, they still advertise themselfs. AVG and Avast both make exelect AVs that update quickly, are very good about only alerting you if there is a good reason to do it, and freeing up system resources.