Strange Media Problems On A School Computer

One of my teachers Compaq Workstation With a PIII 800MHz or something 256 megs of ram, TNT2 video card, and Windows 2K Pro. It uses integrated AC97 Audio. Well anthing from the internet and has something to do with audio it is sped up and high pitched. We tried to watch this flash video from Fubz's website. The Beatles one, this teacher loves the Beatles. Well the the whole thing was playin too fast and high pitched. It did this on IE, FF, and in UnH Soultuions SWF Viewer. Well we also tried to listen too a CD but iTunes was set as the primary player but since it came from the internet the audio was high pitched. But if you listen to CD's in the Windows CD Player it is fine. This is weird. They have had techs from the county check it out but it is stumping them. Of course none have had the obvious idea of reinstalling Windows or drivers. I can't do that to their computers (though I have actually done it to 3 but I none of them worked right and the CD's were layin around). Anyone have any idea what's up?

Edited by Honda_Boy

I have seen this caused by the following, general devices

Disk controller

Sound card

Now, in either case, the solution has been:

Drivers

BIOS flash

So from my experience, drivers are the most likely cause.

Turn off EAX or any fancy hardware-accelerated stuff. Stick with basic, 2-D positional audio. If it still does it, update your sound card drivers. If you have already done this, update your chipset/disk controller drivers if you have an UDMA 66 (or better) controller.

If it still does it, try toggling PnP or ACPI on/off in the BIOS.

If it still continues, try flashing your BIOS with the newest update for it.

Beyond that, Im not sure