How To Really Clean Your Hard Drive

If you've read this article all the way to the end and still think that we're serious about this, you should report immediately to the nearest hospital for an emergency humor transplant.

If you actually followed the instructions in this article and successfully reassembled the drive to working order, any hard drive manufacturer on this planet probably would love to give you a job. Call 1-800-555-DISKWRECKERS for more details.

Liz,

I love it.

One of the funniest things I read in a long time.

Don'cha know. When I was a kid, the best toy was a broken one I could take apart and... Errr..... Maybe fix....

*dating myself... I was able to fix several of my toys over and over again, taking them apart untill the dang metal tabs broke off from bending.

Yeah, I made my Sweet Brit "Geek" hubby take one apart so I could l00k at the "works".

Once all the parts are dry and clean, reassemble everything in reverse order of disassembly. Before you put the top on, spray a generous amount of WD-40 into the drive to make sure it runs smoothly. Reconnect the drive, boot up your machine and be pleased with how smooth and fast your nice clean hard drive is running now. Perform this procedure once a year, e.g. every first of April, and you'll guarantee your hard drive a long and happy life.

Do put this on your annual calendar to-do list folks. Appropriate date listed above as a reminder.

Yet another good use of WD-40 too, to add to the growing list.

That whole thing was so funny, ...and reminded me of il_wiccan's famous funny posts about washing the keyboard in the dishwasher!!!

Pat.

God bless everyone.