Upgrage Or Full Version Of Xp Pro

I have this pc I am working on. It has an activated copy of xp professional. It has been upgraded from windows millenium, it still has a fat file system. Is their any way to tell if this was upgraded using a full retail version of xp, or an upgrade verison of xp pro?

I want to do a reinstall with the current key, but am not sure what xp professional disc I need to use, either full or upgrade?

Edited by shanenin
You might find what your looking for here.

Upgrade or freash install

I have been looking for a little while, I have not found it yet. Is that bit of info in their somewhere :-)

I just purchased(still unopened) a $200 upgrade version. I would hate to open it and find out that that disk will not work with the key on this computer.

I googled the first five characters of the key, "FCKGW". It turns out it is an illegal key used for corperate editions. It says corperate editions do not need to be activated, but this computer says it has been activated. Why does it say it has been activated?

I won't reuse the key, becuase it feels like I am helping him break the law. Their is a millenium COA on it. I will give hime the option of installing millenium edition , or spend and additional 100 for xp home.