Well I just went to the Apple website and the "Powerbooks" are now renamed, and have Intel Core Duo processors in them!

They even made the "Core Duo" sticker match the sleek laptop :P

Seems like a pretty good machine to me, i'm going to have a decision to make when it's time to shop for a new laptop in a few months :wacko::huh:

Go here to see for yourself (I didn't want to hotlink any images).

I guess the rumors were true after all...

*Edit* for spelling.

Edited by marko_tomas13

ohhhh you guys haven't seen anything yet. they've get alot more planned before the years half over. yeah they're still selling the G4 Powerbooks, as long as they've got inventory left they might as well.

now what rumor were you referring to?

just so that you know. i'll leave this thread here for now even though it belongs in the Mac Section. but next time you might want to just post in the The Apple Nook.

http://www.besttechie.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=5808

I ain't a mac fan but I haven't any real probs with them until now. Apple has gone to the dark side of Intel. If they were gonna use someone other than Motorola they shoulda used AMD Processors.

I ain't a mac fan but I haven't any real probs with them until now. Apple has gone to the dark side of Intel. If they were gonna use someone other than Motorola they shoulda used AMD Processors.

Just to clear up, I believe the processors Apple was using were made by primarily by IBM as well. Wasn't the Powerbooks processors made with only IBM processors?

And, although AMD could have been a good choice as well, Intel was, well, not a bad choice either. I would have liked to see Apple stick with IBM and be a bit different from the crowd, but with the heat issues I've heard they were having with the G5s I guess it was time to go a different route.

However, we have yet to see if these Intel processors mean a lower price for us.....I'm hoping so, I always wanted an Apple computer :).

Edited by murtu52