Start up from a install disk go to disk utility > choose erase and pick your security options.

Also if you just want to secure erase data put everything in the trash under finder click secure empty trash. This is with 10.4.

Start up from a install disk go to disk utility > choose erase and pick your security options.

Also if you just want to secure erase data put everything in the trash under finder click secure empty trash. This is with 10.4.

These are leased machines going back. I don't have the disks you mentioned. I also don't have any passwords. The pc's were easy with KillDisk but these few Macs are a problem. They need to be inventoried, checked over for what is on them hardware wise and then the disk needs to be securely wiped. When it is all done it will probably be a few thousand pc's and about 20 Macs coming from locations all over. So this is why I need another program to do this.

Well you could use one of the mac to erase the others by connecting a firewire cable between to macs. Restart the one your going to erase while holding down the T key. The mac will show up as a hard drive. Open disk utilities choose the drive you want to erase, pick secure erase.

Also there is a utility called Super Scrubber that will do it, cost about $30.

you can also use "disk utility" which comes on a Mac. just make sure you choose the "Zero Out" option. this goes to every block and manually writes a zero in it's place.

it is in the utilities folder on both OS X and Os 9. it also comes on all Mac OS disks but you don't have those so i have a couple of questions.

are they OS X or OS 9 and do you have the ability to burn CDs on any of the Macs?

if you do then you can create a rescue disc that will let you boot the computer off the CD and use disk utility. which i like cause it's free and secure.

now if you don't have a CD Burner available then you can buy a OS X disc or i recommend a program called "ShredIt X". there's plenty more around, even if you just look at the Apple site under software.

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/system_disk_utilities/