PlayStation 2 or Xbox 360 ?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. chose one

• Xbox 360
    • PlayStation 2

i fixed it for you. now you have 2 choices. ;)

personally i think the X-Box is over bloated with useless features raising the price to far too high and is still far to unstable for actual use. far too many people with problems and most of the games were obviously rushed out because the X-Box was rushed out. it's just too darn gimmicky right now for my taste.

Edited by macmarauder
i fixed it for you. now you have 2 choices. ;)

personally i think the X-Box is over bloated with useless features raising the price to far too high and is still far to unstable for actual use. far too many people with problems and most of the games were obviously rushed out because the X-Box was rushed out. it's just too darn gimmicky right now for my taste.

Well said. :thumbsup:

I would suggest computer....

<_<

>_>

Why waste money on a console when a computer could do sooo much more. But PS2 is cheaper.... but i dont knowhwy anyone would ever buy an xbox 360, you can easily make a decent computer with a bit more money and you can do SOOO much more.

Truthfully, I'm not an xbox fan, but I find good and bad things about all the systems. Xbox is getting better all the time as they get more intune with the gaming world, and they have excellent titles behind them such as Halo, Project Gotham and Dead or Alive. However, with the Xbox 360, i've heard that overheating is a big issue and simply that the system is too buggy. Though, still a decent system.

PS2 has amazing 3rd party support. There are so many games for PS2, many of them great, that you won't get bored with it. It has been made well IMHO, I feel its a solid system. DVD playing functionality is a plus, as well. However, it only has 2 controller ports, which can be a big hassle when you have a few friends over. Also, its controller is probably the most intimidating of the 3 current generation consoles (Gamecube, PS2 and Xbox), so having a non-gamer playing on it is probably not going to happen. with the X, circle, triangle and square it could take some time to get used to it as well. But, again, its a solid system.

Both are great systems, just depends on what games you like. Getting Xbox 360 now may be a better investment for the future, but with Ps2 you probably won't regret getting either.

As a side opinion, I'd get PS2 :).

Good luck shopping.

The ultimate in flexible gaming platforms..........the PC. it can do everything those lame consoles can plus more. Only downside, gaming rigs are EXPENSIVE. I wish I had the Cash for an SLI setup with an Athlon FX-57 at the heart and 2 7800GTX 512MB and 2 gigs of ram.

the other disadvantage to buying or building a gaming PC is the resale coast. think about how quickly and much lower the value of a PC goes down compared to. and now in some cases still most council gaming systems are backwards compatible so your old games will work but it is no so on most PC games anymore. i can't play most of my win 98 and older games without eming them.

ohhh and btw to the comment about the PS controller not being easy to get used to. ummmm that's still the longest lasting controller out. and i fret the idea of someone not being able to figure it out especially any serious gammer. which is one of my points. the X-Box is mostly for newbies or casual gamers, or just gimmicky gamers. not serious ones. except for a few games this is so true. and so few of the game can not be had on another system.

i don't recommend the X-Box but if you must please wait until they've at least dealt with their over heating issues and i hope that they learned their lesson about making the game makers rush out games but then again. who are we kidding, M$ is pulling the strings behind it all.

Truthfully, I'm not an xbox fan, but I find good and bad things about all the systems. Xbox is getting better all the time as they get more intune with the gaming world, and they have excellent titles behind them such as Halo, Project Gotham and Dead or Alive. However, with the Xbox 360, i've heard that overheating is a big issue and simply that the system is too buggy. Though, still a decent system.

PS2 has amazing 3rd party support. There are so many games for PS2, many of them great, that you won't get bored with it. It has been made well IMHO, I feel its a solid system. DVD playing functionality is a plus, as well. However, it only has 2 controller ports, which can be a big hassle when you have a few friends over. Also, its controller is probably the most intimidating of the 3 current generation consoles (Gamecube, PS2 and Xbox), so having a non-gamer playing on it is probably not going to happen. with the X, circle, triangle and square it could take some time to get used to it as well. But, again, its a solid system.

Both are great systems, just depends on what games you like. Getting Xbox 360 now may be a better investment for the future, but with Ps2 you probably won't regret getting either.

As a side opinion, I'd get PS2 :).

Good luck shopping.

PS2 is my choice at this time ;)

I agree with Danny Here - Whether you decide to get a PS2 or a 360 will be dependant on what you wanna do. When I had my PS1, I decided to get the PS2 because I had a lot of games that I could play on the PS2 console. I have since gotten rid of all but say 5 of these games, and think that if you have alot of Playstation and Ps2 Games, you should get a PS2, if Not, and you want to spend the money for a 360, and you want to wait for more 360's to become available, you could get the 360 - However, be advised that the 360 will apparently not play all of your XBOX console games (Not all of these are "backward compatible" - there is a list that changes), so do your homework.

Additionally, there is the choice of the "core system" or the system that has everything - You would also have to pay to get XBL after the gold package runs out - so do your homework before purchasing a 360.

Good Luck ;)

Brian

Owns 1 PS2 and 1 XBOX

• 2 weeks later...
I would suggest computer....

<_<

>_>

Why waste money on a console when a computer could do sooo much more. But PS2 is cheaper.... but i dont knowhwy anyone would ever buy an xbox 360, you can easily make a decent computer with a bit more money and you can do SOOO much more.

i agree, i go computer

• 2 months later...

Wait. That's my advice. The PS2 will soon be obsolete, and the Xbox 360 has no competition right now. You should either wait for the PS3 to come out, or consult good ol' Wikipedia on the Opinion free advantages and disadvantages of the systems.

Edited by msdos6
  • 4 months later...

I own both.

My input - don't listen to the people demanding that you 'wait for the PS3'. I've owned consoles from every major company including an original Atari (which is now sitting in my basement without a compatible place to actually play it - they don't make TV's with the kind of input-output required).

Bugs are inevitable, and the only system I never featured any bugs on were the launch Nintendo systems I have. I won't pimp the Nintendo, and that's because there's not enough games and compatible accessories to make it a viable choice for anyone wanting to purchase it (the price and core-group of solid games aside, there's really not much else).

The Playstation 2 had bugs when it first came out, bug similar to the Xbox 360 sitting in my living room. Over-heating, disk burns, flat out not working - I've seen and heard them all. One of my good friends saved up and bought a launch Playstation 2, and that lasted less than a year before he had to replace it. This, however, doesn't nearly cover every game who owned the system, as I purchased one not long after him and have had it successfully working since I bought it.

Regardless, don't buy into system failure rumors, for the most part the people experiencing that problem are those who bought launch 360's. I got mine in March, and aside from it lens burning my FIFA World Cup 2006 disk, I've had no problems (for the record, my dog ran by knocking the disk from the tray causing the burn and massive scratching, one of my only complaints about the console itself, but I'll cover that).

For your buck, you're getting a lot with the 360. Bloated? Not really - the Hard Drive effectively allows you to stream music and other media from your PC to your 360 if you're buying the non-core package deal (which is great, don't get sucked into the cheaper buy, because upgrading the individual accessories is going to run you about twice the cost of the core itself). There's a lot to offer - as much as people want to complain about games 'being rushed', there's a couple of great buys out there ranging from RPG (Dead Rising and Oblivion, in spite of the fact that it's a better PC buy) to fantastic sports games like Fight Night Round 3 and NCAA 2007 (although NCAA has been stated as a better purchase on the Playstation 2). Rockstar Table Tennis is a blast and Live has a lot to offer in terms of what you can purchase. Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter is awesome as well, even better with Live. There's stuff on there to keep you busy, a lot of fun games, so those claiming there's not much to offer on the 360 probably don't know much of wha they're talking about.

That's my case for the 360. It's a nice system, I like it. It's easier for me, a guy who's not on the PC all that much and doesn't have the time to put in a lot of PC gaming. Those making the case for purchasing or building a PC don't account for the fact that they probably spend more time on it be it for work or for pleasure. I find consoles that can hook up to my TV and can be transported on the road easily, as well as play well with a core group of friends makes for much better fun. That's just me, I've never been a big PC gamer.

As for the Playstation 2, it's cheaper, it's quality, it's got a lot of great games - really, it's making a choice. Which buy is going to be better for you. Owning both makes it more difficult for me to tell you one or the other, they're both great buys, at least in my opinion. Hope I could help out.

which is now sitting in my basement without a compatible place to actually play it - they don't make TV's with the kind of input-output required

Adapters to turn those old style connections into coaxial cable are a dime a dozen. I wish I could remember what they are called....