What Do You Do To Clear Your Thoughts/mind?

Howdy everyone!

Hope everyone is doing well and having a good start to the new years...

I just was wondering what you like to do to clear your mind of any thoughts? When I go to bed I close my eyes and pretend to look at a blank peice of paper, that usually works very well for me when trying to fall asleep.

I have a heavy load on my plate and my mind is just boggled, a rough road ahead of me but will survive, we (the kids and myself) are soldiers...

Just trying to get some ideas, maybe other people may like gettings few tips on what to do when having a stressful day or what ever the problem may be and need to clear some thoughts.

Thanks everyone for any input

Steve

I clean or dive into a home improvement "construction project". That allows me either to concentrate on the task at hand or using that task to think and "sort things out".

Like the new picture of the kids, Steve. Rub-a-Dub-Dub :)

Liz

Edited by blim

Hmmm...well for me I like to noodle around on the guitar. I'm constantly tweaking around with the action, pickups or playing with the effects to see what I can come up with. The other half of my leasure time is on the computer checking out gear and mostly trying to learn things about the computer world. :D

When I turn in for the night to fall asleep....well what can I say...more guitar or music...lol. I guess I've been around instruments for over 30 yrs. so it's become natural.

Take care Tyme....

Ps 8:3-9

3 When I consider your heavens,

the work of your fingers,

the moon and the stars,

which you have set in place,

4 what is man that you are mindful of him,

the son of man that you care for him?

5 You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings

and crowned him with glory and honor.

6 You made him ruler over the works of your hands;

you put everything under his feet:

7 all flocks and herds,

and the beasts of the field,

8 the birds of the air,

and the fish of the sea,

all that swim the paths of the seas.

9 O LORD, our Lord,

how majestic is your name in all the earth

NIV

I am actually clinically diagnosed wiht ADD so my mind clears itself every minute or so

in all seriousness I take a drive usually in a good twisty curvy hilly area (it's great with a low stance 5 speed manual let me tell ya) or a place with a good strip of road with a high speed limit (55-70 is good) and open up (again in a car like mine, the ultimate in fun and mind clearing.) I either do this or play a good computer game or watch mind draining TV.

About the opening up thing, there's a place where I live a ramp going on to a bypass right into a 65 speed zone a long and sharp right curve goin on to it limits your speed unless you are like me and can take it doin 40-45. if you go real slow then, again a car like mine down shift into 2nd and SLAM IT! ohhhhhhhhhhhh yeeeeaaahhhhh..... fun. nice. :thumbsup:

Edited by Honda_Boy

Greetings TK, Marty and all,

I'm here for that very reason. I cant sleep. Had a hard day at work but cant seem to turn off the switch. Wife is fast asleep. I got tired of looking at the alarm clock. Even the cat got upset when I disturbed her getting out of bed. I hope and pray everyone is doing well and has a Happy New Year.

Take care,

Pat

:D

I am actually clinically diagnosed wiht ADD so my mind clears itself every minute or so

Half of this world have ADD/ADHD. i have too. i noticed one of my neighbor's son, 4 years old, seem to have ADD. so i told the parent that it possible that he have ADD, then they avoid that question, they just dont want to know that their son is "broken". so i told them that ADD/ADHD is really normal. it no big deal. half of my friend have ADD. and one of my friend have a serious case of ADD, i have to tap her (it a way of how deaf try to get their attn or want to talk to them) to get back to earth.

Sometime some parent dont want to think that their children is "broken" because they work so hard try to raise a right person. but since ADD been around for long time and accepted a lot. So ADD is consider normal to people, for me at least.

the best way to tell though is give that person a load of sugar and caffeine. If they are hyper then they don't have ADD, if they tend to mellow out (like I do) then they do have it. Ritalin is basically Speed. Your mind jumps from thing to thing with ADD and Ritalin (or sugar and caffeine) speed the body to match the mind allowing the person to focus on one thing and mellowing them out....like me. It sounds weird but that's basically how it works. When I drink a bunch of soda and eat a big bag of skittles (I did this at school once) I mellow out and focus a little better on my work.

Edited by Honda_Boy

Jeesch, I must have sleeping sickness. I can drop off any dang time I close my eyes. I start my mornings about 5am, Zziip>>>Zzoooom through the day, mellow out with an adult beverage about 5pm, dinner, some computer or TV..... then nitey nite. If I'm up late, I can grab a nap just before drinky time.

For you older folks out there, Melatonin works wonders for adjusting your sleep cycle. Non-habit forming and no morning after effect.

It really depends on what you are trying to clear out of your mind.

If it is not depressing, just tiring; then a couple good stiff bourbon and cokes tend to get me focused on something else.

But when it comes to depressing events or memories; I find that mindless physical labor which requires careful attention are best. Dissassembly of an engine block, hand pruning a hedge, building something out of wood; these are all good physical therapy to clear the mind and get it to stop focusing on something .

Other times a good engrossing novel or a long walk in the country or a park with a chance to daydream work wonders.

But the bottom line is to do something.

This is what I have done for years and is simple. White noise.

Seriously, Years ago when I first met my wife before we got married, she use to think I had a screw loose :lol: but today she does the same thing I do.

We have a floor fan turned so it does not blow cold air on us.

I find the noise off a floor fan set on low speed of course works wonders. Anyhow, I know it sounds weird, but whatever works right ? Sometimes I can't always fall asleep with the fan because I may have many things on my mind. I refuse to toss and turn in bed, so I will get up and turn on the computer and read until I get drousy. I won't post on a board, just read.

Happy new year, Steve. :thumbsup:

Sitting outside (in the summer months), and just listining to the wind in the trees and the birds. Looking at the trees and grass. Watching the small animal scuttering around.

That allways does the trick for me.

Sitting outside (in the summer months), and just listining to the wind in the trees and the birds. Looking at the trees and grass. Watching the small animal scuttering around.

That allways does the trick for me.

i once a while do that. I went outside and sit next to the windchime, it not a puny windchime, it $200 windchime. and it make a great sound in those tubes. When the winchime "chiming" i just closed my eyes and feel the heat from the sun on my body. and then i drift away. it very calming

Thanks for all the great ideas everyone!!

I'm having a difficult time in life right now, I just wanted to find more ways to clear my mind... Everyone says "smile Steve" and I do, but it is fake every time I smile it is fake... I have so much stuff running through my head I just need to sit back and regroup or something, even when people are talking to me I listen to them with like half of my brain while the other half keeps thinking about stuff... Like, who, what, where why, how, when etc.... I'm sure everyone here on the boards have things racing through their minds. That is why I wanted to get some more ideas on how to clear the mind, I think about so much stuff that I sometimes wish I couldn't think at all... I really wish I could format my brain and start fresh,

Anyways thanks everyone for the great ideas and hopefully we get some more people to share how they clear the mind...

Thanks for the ideas, keep them coming..

Steve