My printer & fax folder is empty, was not before yesterday. Went to services and found Printer Spooler has stopped. Won't let me start. It is dependent on RPC server which is running and LexBec Server which is not running and won't let me start. I have uninstalled the Printer (Lexmark Z715) and rebooted, found new hardware, loaded the printer CD and setup runs to 100% then gives me an error that the printer spooler is not started and asks if I want to start it. I click yes and setup stops. I am at a loss for what to try next. Thanks

Emachine T2862, Windows XP Home, SP2, 256 MB Ram, SBC Yahoo DSL, ZoneAlarm-Free Ver, Computer Assoc AV, MS AntiSpyware Beta1, Spyware Guard Ver 2.2, SpyCatcher Express Ver 4.0.4, SpyBot Ver 1.4, SpywareBlaster Ver 3.4 Lexmark Z715 Printer.

ok..those links are good TT...

.. i had this problem just last week with my daughters e-machine...turns out the print spooler won't start because one of lexmark services that the print spooler uses as a dependency gets shut off with the uninstall of the printer...it's probaly "Lex Bce server"

go to control panel/Admin tools/services find the print spooler and double click it...then click the dependencies tap at the top....make a note of all the dependencies listed and then find each in the services list...if any are stopped or disabled..start them...then go back to the print spooler service and start it..it should start and your printer will be back after the restart..

hope this helps..

Edited by screi

Thanks. It is the Lexbce Server. I was able to restart the Printer Spooler and bypass the Lexbce Server and then reinstall the printer. Now the printer still won't work but it shows in the printer & fax folder. When I go in to services and click start on Lexbce Server I get an error that says "Could not start Lexbce Server Serice on local computer. Error 5 Access is denied". What should I try next? Thanks

Edited by SLO

This describes extracting the lexbces.exe file. This file is for using the printer on a network. Some anti-virus programs detect this as malware and some firewalls will block it. Lemark is notoriously bad when trying to uninstall it.

Error: " The Print Spooler or one of its dependencies is not available. "

Read through some of these regarding lexbce.exe

Edited by TheTerrorist_75

you might try to delete the old one in safe mode...since the file is probably in use...but..(see below)

as for lexmark printers..i bought at least 3 of them before i learned they were not worth their cheap price... :huh:

i also have learned to accept the Lexbce Server as a "permanent" part of my services...since even though i no longer use lexmark printers...nothing else works without it...

wish i could help on the problem with starting the service though...i suspect you will need to muck about in the registry...but i have no clue what might need to be "hacked" :wacko::blink:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/L...erver-7634.html

LexBce Server

Filename: LEXBCES.EXE

This is installed by Lexmark printers, and some Dell printers which are made by Lexmark, to configure the onboard network print server. Disabling this service will make it so that print spooler service will no longer startup, which effectively disables printing on your computer.

This can be fixed by removing the LexBceS dependency. To remove the dependency you should use the following command and start the print spooler service:

sc config spooler depend= RPCSS

Note: Notice the space after depend= . This is necessary.

More info on dealing with the LexBce Server.

"Spooler subsystem app has encountered a problem and needs to close" and "Operation could not be completed" error messages

Edited by TheTerrorist_75

This is what an Emachine support rep has directed me to do to fix this. I have serveral USB items attached to my PC other than my printer and they are all working correctly so I don't want to mess them up. Thanks

Lexmark's Software printer does not follow the USB standard for USB

devices. This will cause an error when installing the Lexmark Z23

printer to a different USB port.

To Correct this you will want to double-click on the "My Computer" Icon.

Double-click on the "Printer" icon. In here, it will list all of the

printers installed on your system. One at a time, right-click on all of

the items in here except for the "Add Printer" icon and choose to delete

all printers currently installed on your system.

Now you will want to reinstall the USB drivers. Reloading of the USB

drivers resets the USB Ports and will usually allow them to work

correctly.

Restart the computer in Safe Mode.

Turn on the computer and immediately Start tapping on the F8 key about 2

times per second as the computer is Starting up until it comes to the

Windows Startup menu. Choose Safe Mode and press the Enter key.

Once the computer has booted up into Safe Mode, get out of the help and

support window by clicking on the X in the upper right-hand corner or

clicking OK for the box that says you are in Safe Mode.

1. Click "Start".

2. Select "Settings".

3. Click "Control Panel".

4. Double-click "System".

4a. If you are running Windows XP, Click on the "Hardware" tab.

5. Select the "Device Manager" tab at the top.

6. Look for the "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" category.

7. If it is listed, then click on the plus sign next to "Universal

Serial Bus Controllers". Highlight the first device in here by clicking

on the first device once.

7a. For Windows XP, right-click on the device and select Uninstall.

8. Now click on the Remove Button. Click "OK" to the Warning. Select

"No" if it asks to restart the computer.

9. If the "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" category is still listed,

continue removing items from that category until it disappears.

10. Also remove any devices that have a yellow "!" or "?" and if there

is an "Unknown Devices" or "Other Devices" category, remove all devices

in these categories until they also disappear.

10a. For Windows XP, simply close out the System Properties window by

clicking on the X in the upper right-hand corner of the window then

restart the computer normally.

11. Next click on the "Close" button and choose to restart your

computer.

12. As the computer restarts it will redetect and reinstall the

devices.

This should reinstall the drivers for your USB Ports.

Once your USB ports are reinstalled you will need to reinstall the

printer software to allow it to setup the Lexmark printer correctly.

I wasn't talking about System Restore. I was referring to using the recovery CD (you did create them?) and placing the computer back to a factory install. You would need to download all the updates and programs again. This would only be necessary if the fix failed. To use System Restore you need to login as Administrator.

How to restore the operating system to a previous state in Windows XP