I remember hearing of another one that is free but can't remember the name but it is cool and highly recommended. Dam can't remember the name.

Like most of those things are. It kinda sucks... i found some free trials for some somewhere. I;m sure there has to be a good free one.

Depends if she has XP Professional, (which she does) but then you need the client to access her computer, meaning she either has to be using a Windows XP Professional computer, or be able to download the client onto the computer, this is not always possible.

Start, Run, type in "mstsc" (without the quote marks)

That will open Microsoft Terminal Services Client, which if you enter a valid address, you can connect to that computer....

Make sure it is enabled on both computers, by right-clicking, My Computer, selecting Properties. This should then open System Properties, on the Remote Tab, make sure that your computer accepts Remote connections (that is if you want to share this computer)

In case you dont know :D

exactly. I have used it and it works ok but slow on certain connections at times.

Start, Run, type in "mstsc" (without the quote marks)

That will open Microsoft Terminal Services Client, which if you enter a valid address, you can connect to that computer....

Make sure it is enabled on both computers, by right-clicking, My Computer, selecting Properties. This should then open System Properties, on the Remote Tab, make sure that your computer accepts Remote connections (that is if you want to share this computer)

In case you dont know :D

Logmein is a good program....

RealVNC, which i use, but i only use it inside my network, because unless you pay, it is not encrypted.... I think.

Logmein is easy to set up, it is straight forward, and it is fast. :)

Now as to mstsc:

You should make sure that it is enabled on your "home" computer, then if you have firewall (which you should :P) you should make an exception and allow the port/program access.....

Then you should find out your IP address and type that in.... I think that should make it work. :blush:

RealVNC, which i use, but i only use it inside my network, because unless you pay, it is not encrypted.... I think.

you can use SSH to secure almost any network protocall

http://www.jfitz.com/tips/ssh_for_windows.html

• 2 weeks later...