"disk Is Not Formatted" Error

Hey Guys,

I just installed my new hard drive. Ive installed windows on it and im trying to access my old hard drive. I had 4 partitions, but windows is saying one of these partitions "Is not Formatted". THis alos happens to be the ONLY partition i need access to. (Figures :blink: ) ALL my media is on this partition.

Partition magic shows the drives name and the amount of data on the drive, so I know it's still there. So, why is windows saying it's not formated?

Edited by Bubba Bob

Well, i found my back up DVD, too bad half of it is "invalid or corrupt"!!!

Tomorow, Tomorow, I love ya, Tomorow....

File Recovery!

Thanks, Ill try that one day when i have more patitience and no sharp objects around.

Edited by Bubba Bob

Well its pretty easy, just dont do anything with the hard drive with the files on it, and if there really is nothing wrong with them they should be able to come off with no problem.

Somewhere there is a stickie with a bunch of useful file recovery programs.

gl/hf =D And dont hurt yourself.

But i bet you will never forget to backup anything ever again... you learn from your mistakes sadly :)

Well its pretty easy, just dont do anything with the hard drive with the files on it, and if there really is nothing wrong with them they should be able to come off with no problem.

Somewhere there is a stickie with a bunch of useful file recovery programs.

gl/hf =D And dont hurt yourself.

But i bet you will never forget to backup anything ever again... you learn from your mistakes sadly :)

Heh, thanks. "Recover My Files" is running right now. It's finding all my stuff, just got weed through and find what i want.

I backed my stuff up twice. 1) I uploaded some crap in a .zip to a website. Cant remember the site though

2) Burnt it to a DVD. My media is fine, but my bookmarks and excel spreadsheets are all corrupt on the DVD.

Oh well, live and learn, then get luvs. Err, better DVDs i mean :D