I'm in search of a sound card due to the fact that my on board sound has started to act up on me. Sabrent sound card. Is this a good sound card for just day to day things like listening to music and such. I'm just looking for sometime that can get the job done and not to fancy like. Thanks.

I just ordered this 20 min ago cuzz I REALLY want to get the job done. http://www.pixpond.com/1/itmhf.jpg

Edited by kidcnote
actually to the audio file (ex: my brother) it can make a HUGE difference with some good speakers (ex: Klipsch or Bose) or good head phones.

Which I have both, Bose Puter speakers and Pioneer HDJ-1000 headphones. http://www.djdeals.com/pioneerHDJ1000.htm Theres somethings you can skimp on, other things I won't..I can afford the F-Xi's with no problem..If you can't afford a single CNote for quality, then unplug your puter and strap on that AM Mono to your ears and enjoy..

Edited by kidcnote

actually to the audio file (ex: my brother) it can make a HUGE difference with some good speakers (ex: Klipsch or Bose) or good head phones.

Which I have both, Bose Puter speakers and Pioneer HDJ-1000 headphones. http://www.djdeals.com/pioneerHDJ1000.htm Theres somethings you can skimp on, other things I won't..I can afford the F-Xi's with no problem..If you can't afford a single CNote for quality, then unplug your puter and strap on that AM Mono to your ears and enjoy..

I have found that a decent set of Cans and speakers are far more important than a super high-end audio card. I have over the years bought some relatively expensive sound cards because I listen to and archive tons of Mainstream Jazz (no Kenny G here just real jazz) , Jazz Vocals, classical, and Opera. I can make due with the on board card for standard listening with a good set of cans. I link my PC to my stereo to Utilize my Cerwin Vega V500 speaker system and I connect through an external Sound card to avoid any transient PC noise as for the the Computer I have cheap little 2.1 Altec Lansing that I rarely use. My home cans are Grado SR 60 (they are the greatest but not good if you do not want to disturb others because they bleed bad) at work or on the go you cannot go wrong with a set of Koss PortaPro I will go on record and Sennhieser PX100s are crap compared to these, they have been around since 1980 and still the best portable around IMHO. Actually I find myself using them at home a lot also, they have some bleed like the Grados but not near as much. If you do not have a good set of Portables (ear buds are not my thing) I swear on my honor as a mid level audiophile you should get a pair. Yes they are ugly and kinda dated but I have had 5 friends and my wife get a pair after listening to mine (1 1/2 year with this set they keep getting better). man I lost sight of what I was posting for.

Bottom line is you will never get perfect sound reproduction with a internal card with electrostatic interference and transient noise and all. Buy quality and you can avoid the big price. But believe you me if it was a major difference I would shell out the cash without remorse.