What Is Atx, Microatx, And Baby At?

hi again, i was wondering what specifies a ATX mobo? or a baby AT or a microATX....i am buying a new case and i need to find out what mine is to see what case i need to get, my comp is a pavillion a320n, i cant find anything to specify what mine is. thank you all.

EDIT: i found at the HP site it says for form factor.. Form Factor : uATX

what is uATX mean....universal ATX?

Edited by GrundleLove

Glossary/Dictionary of Computer Cases

microATX/SFX/uATX Form Factor - Computer manufacturers continue to want to shrink the size of their systems, and Intel has been happy to oblige, with another variant on the basic ATX theme called "microATX". As the name implies, microATX is not only smaller still than Mini ATX, it is actually smaller than even NLX. microATX is intended for the very low end market that Intel has decided to target with force.

Technically, it could be said that microATX is not even really a case form factor, because microATX is in fact a motherboard standard. However, with the smaller microATX motherboards, manufacturers are creating smaller cases to fit. To complement microATX, Intel created a new, low-output power supply design called SFX. SFX power supplies are designed to work with not only microATX systems, but also NLX and regular ATX systems, and this is why these power supplies were not called microATX. SFX and microATX are sometimes used interchangeably, or together, in describing this general physical format. The term uATX may also be used to refer to microATX form factor.

ATX, Baby AT, microATX, mini-ITX, Flex ATX, and so forth are form factor standards covering motherboards, cases, and power supplies.

MicroATX is basically the same as ATX, but the motherboard is cut shorter. Most of the time, this means dropping some PCI slots. MicroATX motherboards that comply fully to standards (which I believe but am not sure HP motherboards do) will fit in any old ATX case.

There's quite an excess of related information here.