fubz! -- I am really excited and appreciate your responding!

This is my first mp3 player, so I'm not wanting to just guess when the directions aren't clear to me...am afraid of chosing wrong and causing a problem. So...I am looking forward to your input and hope you have time.

I know I need to update because there was a notice on the packaging.

I looked at the website directions at

http://www.iriveramerica.com/support/mtpupdate/, and have three questions:

1. On #6 in the directions, do I ...

...click Finish...and then disconnect the iriver H10,

or

...disconnect the iriver before clicking Finish?

[my guess would be to click finish and then disconnect, but the directions

look opposite of that.]

2. Also on #6, it says in yellow that my device will reboot several times. How will I know when that happens ...and ...when it is finished? I'm thinking it should happen when it is still connected but the directions mention that AFTER they say to disconnect.

3. I am really confused on this last one. I would think I was then finished with everything, but they show where I should click Recovery and all the data on my device will be deleted.

Am I supposed to click on the Recovery button after the update finishes? I am confused because I wouldn't think I would want to do something that would delete everything!!!

Thanks again...I know these are a lot of questions. nancy

I'm not a iriver user but it sounds pretty straight forward. I would definitely click finish before disconnecting. As for the device rebooting just wait a minute or two when nothing is happening it's done. If you do loose your data it will all sync up again when you plug it back in. Make sure you music is backed up anyway.

I'm sure you'll have no problem with it. And if you are still worried, remember if your not having any problems with it you don't have to update.

Edited by isteve
fubz! -- I am really excited and appreciate your responding!

This is my first mp3 player, so I'm not wanting to just guess when the directions aren't clear to me...am afraid of chosing wrong and causing a problem. So...I am looking forward to your input and hope you have time.

I know I need to update because there was a notice on the packaging.

I looked at the website directions at

http://www.iriveramerica.com/support/mtpupdate/, and have three questions:

1. On #6 in the directions, do I ...

...click Finish...and then disconnect the iriver H10,

or

...disconnect the iriver before clicking Finish?

[my guess would be to click finish and then disconnect, but the directions

look opposite of that.]

2. Also on #6, it says in yellow that my device will reboot several times. How will I know when that happens ...and ...when it is finished? I'm thinking it should happen when it is still connected but the directions mention that AFTER they say to disconnect.

3. I am really confused on this last one. I would think I was then finished with everything, but they show where I should click Recovery and all the data on my device will be deleted.

Am I supposed to click on the Recovery button after the update finishes? I am confused because I wouldn't think I would want to do something that would delete everything!!!

Thanks again...I know these are a lot of questions. nancy

1. Disconnect your mp3 player, and then click finish.

2. It will automatically do its reboot, im sure you wont miss it. All mine does is turn off then turn back on.

3. The last one is ONLY if your firmware is up to date and their is a problem with the device. Then you can eitehr chose to reformat your MP3 player, or repair it. You won't need to worry about that.

Fubz,

Thanks so much for your time and for answering in such a clear way. I need that!

I feel confident now about the update. You have really helped me out!

isteve, I appreciate your input too...guess we were both wrong about the Finish part

...but I guess Iriver meant what it said concerning the sequence!!