Cfh Boards Is It Just Me Or...

is it just me,or has the CFH forum been taken over by a bunch of mean,foul mouthed idiots? I mean,they post if they have anything to say or not and the language is awful. And,God Forbid a Noob should ask a simple question they jump on him/her like they were idiots?

Maybe they are trying to see how far they can go?

And some of the worst are on these boards too and they know who they are.

I've stayed on to try and offer what help I can but its like swimming in Jello.

is it just me,or has the CFH forum been taken over by a bunch of mean,foul mouthed idiots?

Not you!

Lot of kids/teens, but you also see some of the regulars show their true self too..

I believe due to up bringing(Parents). No morals!

I've been hanging out at a few other boards mostly.

I think it's a combination of things--some new kids with "smart mouths"

The new kids not knowing how to handle some of the "Seasoned Helpers" when they may be a little cranky and in need of a happynap (the old timers know to just ignore 'em or try humor)

And the "Seasoned Helpers" who sometimes post when they're a little cranky and in need of a happynap (although sometimes those posts have me laughing my head off!)

A lack of Moderators--there are some who are wonderful, but they have lives, too!

Liz

I think it's a combination of things--some new kids with "smart mouths"

The new kids not knowing how to handle some of the "Seasoned Helpers" when they may be a little cranky and in need of a happynap (the old timers know to just ignore 'em or try humor)

And the "Seasoned Helpers" who sometimes post when they're a little cranky and in need of a happynap (although sometimes those posts have me laughing my head off!)

A lack of Moderators--there are some who are wonderful, but they have lives, too!

Liz

It seems to be the 'seasoned helpers' who are the worst.BUT if you check their posts,mostly they just post nothing of value or just a link or two. When it comes the time that an older person who should know better,jumps down the throat of some 15 year old kid for no good reason...then its time for those forums to die. I am just plain disgusted with the whole thing. It used to be a good,happy place where kids could go. NOW,if I had a kid,I would block the site. And as the other poster said,its about upbringing. I am 51 years old and would never say the "F" word in public,let alone on a public forum.

Edited by HPoirot36
is it just me,or has the CFH forum been taken over by a bunch of mean,foul mouthed idiots? I mean,they post if they have anything to say or not and the language is awful. And,God Forbid a Noob should ask a simple question they jump on him/her like they were idiots?

Alot of it I think is the *Kidz* coming from OT & AOTS and doing in CFH as they do in OT & AOTS.... I'm seeing alot of them posting but giving no real help to the OP's questions or they give *alternatives* instead of a *Solution*...

I've found it very hard not to respond in kind.

I sympathize with the "old guard" people that now give what they get (or have given up completely).

Some folks have been around for quite a while, and work hard to solve a particular problem.

Posters that interject "me too", "Google it", or nonsense to bump their count bother me a lot.

I don't know about the rest of the folks with any kind of Mod privelege, but I prefer to spend my time helping correcting (not policing) posts so they make sense.

I'm looking to solve problems and learn along the way.

I do wish (as Moderator in some forums) I could delete useless posts in a thread.

Along those lines, I'm trying to accumulate a group of "best of" answer threads to common questions along the lines of the "Commonly Recommended.." thread in G4.

Edited by CurlingSteve
I've found it very hard not to respond in kind.

I sympathize with the "old guard" people that now give what they get (or have given up completely).

Some folks have been around for quite a while, and work hard to solve a particular problem.

Posters that interject "me too", "Google it", or nonsense to bump their count bother me a lot.

I don't know about the rest of the folks with any kind of Mod privelege, but I prefer to spend my time helping correcting (not policing) posts so they make sense.

I'm looking to solve problems and learn along the way.

I do wish (as Moderator in some forums) I could delete useless posts in a thread.

Along those lines, I'm trying to accumulate a group of "best of" answer threads to common questions along the lines of the "Commonly Recommended.." thread in G4.

How low are they going to let the boards sink before somebody does something? Allowing profanity (and vulgar profanity at that) on a forum that is not only accessible to kids,but frequented by then,just isn't acceptable.PERIOD. I mean,you can say the "F" word all over the place,but I couldn't post 'www.walmartwatch.com because t.w.a.t. is in the middle of it.

Hi HPoirot36,

Yes, some other forums do have posters that treat others less than respectfully. I'm proud to be a moderator at Besttechie.net, the best forum on the Internet. We have the best admin team led by Jeff, Chappy, Dragon, and Rock :D I enjoy working with the best mods in the business: JSKY, macmarauder, Matt, and robroy!

Besttechie.net strives to be a place where you can relax, hang-out, and enjoy the company of friendly people. We have the smartest experts in our technology forums that can help you with technology issues. I hope you enjoy posting here. We don't have a lot of angry posting here. It is very nice to meet you! :D

Happy New Year! :D

I agree with you, my goal is to solve problems as best I can, not police posts.

That's where I choose to spend my time.

I have Moderator priveleges (thanks for the honor), but haven't used them yet.

Short of moving a post to a more appropriate forum, I don't know where I would/should draw the line.

There's NO justification for profanity on any board, especially a help forum like this.

Nor should back and forth flaming occur (or be allowed in my opinion).

Unless a poster has a reasonable (even if wrong) contribution to the problem, they should just sit back and watch.

(Exposing wrong solutions is just as important as finding the right ones).

Edited by CurlingSteve
and yet members i know keep getting banned just for helping people. in the G4 Chat room one of the Operators got bored and jsut started banning people who wouldn't kiss his butt.

it similiar to the forum that i mod before. one of the mod totally abused their power by deleting threads, locking it, edited the post. then that moderator got banned and Frank (the Admin) change the rule of moderation power. they remove deletion power. So i signed up for modship then i found out i have a deletion power, while the rest of them dont, some are old before me, some are new after me and they dont have the deletion power. i have a hunch Frank did this on purpose for a reason.

Sometime some people abuse their power which turn into chaotic.

I haven't been there in months and really have no intention of posting there again

Thank you hitest for the compliment and I agree this is the best forum on the web. That is also helped by the fact that the members are the best around leaving us mods almost nothing to do

How low are they going to let the boards sink before somebody does something? Allowing profanity (and vulgar profanity at that) on a forum that is not only accessible to kids,but frequented by then,just isn't acceptable.PERIOD. I mean,you can say the "F" word all over the place,but I couldn't post 'www.walmartwatch.com because t.w.a.t. is in the middle of it.

While it's been sad to watch the demise of the last of the TTV boards, it doesn't surprise me in the least. I expect them to dump CFH altogether. It's only logical that the ice smoking geniuses at G4 would pay for all those episodes only to dump them without promoting them at all. Nothing G4 does surprises me anymore.

I haven't been there in months and really have no intention of posting there again

Thank you hitest for the compliment and I agree this is the best forum on the web. That is also helped by the fact that the members are the best around leaving us mods almost nothing to do

You are very welcome, my friend! :D

Very well-said, robroy! The membership at BT has made our jobs for the most part obsolete. That is, we have a diverse membership of gamers, windows users, linux users, technophiles, and people with a distinct point of view. At Besttechie.net we are fortunate because we have the best members at our forum.

Recent events in my life have encouraged me to take stock, and take a look around at things. I am a very lucky person. I'm healthy, have a good life, and have good friends!

Folks, I know it is easy to be fascinated with the machinations of other forums. I'm just very pleased that you have chosen to post here. Please enjoy your stay! Take it easy!

Happy New Year! :D

You are referring to me after I lost my cool with that moron spammer MiStaBIGshOt. That $%&**$## is going to cause harm to someone's computer if he keeps jumping in with replies that are no solution and even more dangerous than inuyasha320. I have repeatedly asked the mods to talk to him. but it hasn't helped. I do resort to harsh language when highly irritated. It has nothing to do with morals. Obviously some people have never worked in the construction trades or been in a barroom if they have never been exposed to that language.

Edited by TheTerrorist_75
You are referring to me after I lost my cool with that moron spammer MiStaBIGshOt. That $%&**$## is going to cause harm to someone's computer if he keeps jumping in with replies that are no solution and even more dangerous than inuyasha320. I have repeatedly asked the mods to talk to him. but it hasn't helped. I do resort to harsh language when highly irritated. It has nothing to do with morals. Obviously some people have never worked in the construction trades or been in a barroom if they have never been exposed to that language.

Actually I wasn't referring to you. I agree on the two posters that you mentioned,they don't have a clue.BUT the boards aren't barrooms and they aren't construction sites. I am 51 and My mother is 83 and I can honestly say that I have NEVER heard her use profanity...BUT she can sure get her point across without it.

Forunately,I don't have any children but if I did.... while I would encourage them to seek knowldge on forums,I certainly wouldn't want them exposed to that type of language. But,its really more about language. While profanity is appropriate in certain contexts (as you have mentioned)..in most places,forums included,its just plain RUDE.

No offense to you personally we all lose our tempers from time to time... but my point to begin with wasn't whether profanity is bad or good....it was that the forums are no place for it and didn't use to be. The whole point of having rules is to keep order. And the powers that be at CFH forums are either too lazy or just don't care. (notice I said 'just don't care' I could have said dont give a sh*t but I got the point across,didn't I?)

The most amazing thing to me is that a network that seems to aim their programs to 12-15 year olds would allow such naughty language on their forums.

I guess I'm just old fashioned.I'm old enough that when I was a kid you only heard bad language in pool halls.And Beer joints (now called bars,taverns,pubs,etc)

Rant over.Now back to Bob Hope on the Military Channel.

Personally I am just glad to have the responsibility for those boards off my shoulders.

I think that it is a combination of folks leaving (I still visit occaisionally , but do not spend any where near the time I used to ; I have new boards I frequent now) for greener pastures; those who remain getting tired of constantly being told that the board is going to close and the show be canceled (hey that is enough to fray anyones nerves ) and as mentioned a lack of moderation. I do not say a lack of moderators; but rather the rules they are now under severly restrict their actions. Those who were willing to take a stand, maintain order and maintain a personal relationship with users (so they could ask them to go easy one the guys who have psychological problems or please edit your post so I do not have to etc) have been discharged. They do not want moderators who actually keep the order, rather they want moderators who will be there and do nothing as long as possible and ask the admins if please can they lock or delete a thread.

Well, we will just have to wait and see what the future holds over there.

Personally I am just glad to have the responsibility for those boards off my shoulders.

I think that it is a combination of folks leaving (I still visit occaisionally , but do not spend any where near the time I used to ; I have new boards I frequent now) for greener pastures; those who remain getting tired of constantly being told that the board is going to close and the show be canceled (hey that is enough to fray anyones nerves ) and as mentioned a lack of moderation. I do not say a lack of moderators; but rather the rules they are now under severly restrict their actions. Those who were willing to take a stand, maintain order and maintain a personal relationship with users (so they could ask them to go easy one the guys who have psychological problems or please edit your post so I do not have to etc) have been discharged. They do not want moderators who actually keep the order, rather they want moderators who will be there and do nothing as long as possible and ask the admins if please can they lock or delete a thread.

Well, we will just have to wait and see what the future holds over there.

Pete,glad to hear your take on this. personally,I don't think the CFH boards have a future.And no one seems to want them to just die with dignity,rather than go out with a wimper.