Problem With Bios...and Valve Games.

so i want to get into BIOS and i do what i have to, and it said to enter password...i never set a bios password....ever...so i dont know what the password was, and i am trying to aviod moving sockets and shit like that...any ideas?

also

after installing my new ram i am having problems runnin Valve games, i mean, CSS HL2DM HL2 ect ect, is all choppy and the sound is all funked up and i dont even know whats goin on, this has never happend before, so i dont know what it is. thanks again, you people are my saviors.

Is the RAM detected correctly. Try reseating it. Also mabey resetting CMOS will help. It cant hurt. As for the password have you tried just getting in with a blank password? also try commen ones like user and default. Is this board new or used?

its a new board, ive never even been in bios to even SET a password, but im not sure if i need to get into it TODAY but when i install my PS and video card i will need to, i think...anyway. its only valve that crahses, COD demo, halo, and UT2k4 run fine, actually better with the new ram, its just valve games.....

If your computer is from one of the big manufactures, most of the time the bios has a default password that always works.

like for Dell its dell, hp its hp, sony its sony, etc, its kinda retarded, but hey, im not complaining...

here is a list...

Manufacturer BIOS Password

VOBIS & IBM merlin

Dell Dell

Biostar Biostar

Compaq Compaq

Enox xo11nE

Epox central

Freetech Posterie

IWill iwill

Jetway spooml

Packard Bell bell9

QDI QDI

Siemens SKY_FOX

SOYO SY_MB

TMC BIGO

Toshiba Toshiba

AMI Backdoor BIOS Passwords

Reported AMI backdoor BIOS passwords include A.M.I., AAAMMMIII, AMI?SW , AMI_SW, BIOS, CONDO, HEWITT RAND, LKWPETER, MI, and PASSWORD.

Award Backdoor BIOS Passwords

One reported Award backdoor BIOS password is eight spaces. Other reported Award backdoor BIOS passwords include 01322222, 589589, 589721, 595595, 598598 , ALFAROME, ALLY, ALLy, aLLY, aLLy, aPAf, award, AWARD PW, AWARD SW, AWARD?SW, AWARD_PW, AWARD_SW, AWKWARD, awkward, BIOSTAR, CONCAT, CONDO, Condo, condo, d8on, djonet, HLT, J256, J262, j262, j322, j332, J64, KDD, LKWPETER, Lkwpeter, PINT, pint, SER, SKY_FOX, SYXZ, syxz, TTPTHA, ZAAAADA, ZAAADA, ZBAAACA, and ZJAAADC.

Phoenix Backdoor BIOS Passwords

Reported Phoenix BIOS backdoor passwords include BIOS, CMOS, phoenix, and PHOENIX.

If they arn't here seach google for "Backdoor password"

Edited by fubz