Where Is The Driver Folder?

Would anyone happen to know where the drivers folder, particularly the wireless network card drivers, would be. I have new card with a Ralink chipset and I have drivers but I don't know where to put them.

Would anyone happen to know where the drivers folder, particularly the wireless network card drivers, would be. I have new card with a Ralink chipset and I have drivers but I don't know where to put them.

the drive will need to be compiled.. drivers are loaded with the modprobe command..

Linux "drivers" will end in .ko

there is a read me with the "driver" that should explain this.

my driver files are located in /lib/modules/2.6.8.1/kernel

this is a little old but may help

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Module-HOWTO/index.html

here is a site on hte drive and its status..It looks like it is been added to the kernel, this would be good.

http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourri...11b.html#Ralink

Doesn't really matter anymore cause I decided to trash that linux install and I have another on another hard- drive that as soon as I can restore the dual boot or give up and re-install i'll take a crack at it. Now do finished drivers end in .ko casue if they do I already have some ready for Fedora Core that Ralink has provided on their website. Right now though I am making use of the new WiFi card but the only OS I could get it to work in was XP and the only copy I have is installe don my main system so I'll have to find a copy for this system or reinstall every month.