Should I Use The New Mouse Software

SHould I use the Set Point software, cause I had always noticed that my 510 never looked like it moved all that smoothly on the screen with the old mousewares, and on my 98se/FC4 box my old plain Logitech optical moved smooth as could be. I noticed before I uninstalled mousewares to prepare for setpoint that that without the software installed my 518 moved smoother. I was using 518 before I uninstalled the mousewares.

What do ya'll think? the only feature that doesn't work witout the software is the program switcher which I have found Kinda worthless on my 510.

Regardless the new New mouse is sweet. can't wait to try my wireless network card and DVD player. both main and room pc already have DVD drives but TV in my room is a little bigger than monitor in my room and I have a pretty sweet little speaker setup jerry rigged into my stuff up there. 6 1/2" Sony explode car speakers and an Altec Lansing sub. thank you logitech for the adapter that allows me to pull this stuff off.

I have a Kensington optical mouse.

I tried the software that came with it & didn't like it.

I removed it & plugged the mouse in & it works OK without the software.

I use XP Home with SP2 on an Emachine.

Mouse is in a USB port.

I can still use Control Panel to configure mouse settings.

Hope this input is helpful.