Asus A8n-sli Sound Problem

I built my PC today, and after loading all drivers and update my sound is not working at all. I have an ASUS A8N-SLI board with onboard audio - and windows device manager is showing that all the drivers are installed.

If anybody knows of a fix it would be great! (i learned that I got Call of Duty 2 for Christmas and I realllllly want sound to go with it tomorrow!)

if you really want it to sound good get a Creative X-Fi. As for your prob make sure everything is plugged in the right jacks. Make sure your speakers are plugged in and turned on. Double click the little speaker icon on the task bar and make sure all outputs are turned up. Wave and Master are the 2 you need to max.

I got CoD2 the day it came out. It's a great game but I wish Infinity Ward had kept all the additions Gray Matter had added (I keep hittin the sprint button and nothing happens :P ). I wish the levels were a bit longer too. Have fun with it man. I'm gettin an MX518 mouse and a wireless network card my self.

Merry Christmas and enjoy your new game........tomorrow...............CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was jsut saying if he REALLY wanted it to sound REAL good. Using a card no matter what just about gives you a small performance boost over using integrated. Mine sure did. BF1942 played like crap with integrated. Every explosion there was a slowdown.

aaaaawwwwwwwww forget you. I want a new system too but I don't want an X2. I'm a gamer. If I had loads of cash I build an X2 system for Linux and work and build an FX-57 system (they should make an FX-57 X2) for games.

I NEED MONEY!!!!!!!!! (my job sucks)

I might end up with a new Asus or Epox nForce4 SLI mobo for Xmas so i'll have to save up for at least a 3500+ Venice and a 6800GS Video card and revamp the Sidewinder. I might just have to spring for XP Pro while I'm at it.

Hurry up Christmas!

aaaaawwwwwwwww forget you. I want a new system too but I don't want an X2. I'm a gamer. If I had loads of cash I build an X2 system for Linux and work and build an FX-57 system (they should make an FX-57 X2) for games.

I NEED MONEY!!!!!!!!! (my job sucks)

I might end up with a new Asus or Epox nForce4 SLI mobo for Xmas so i'll have to save up for at least a 3500+ Venice and a 6800GS Video card and revamp the Sidewinder. I might just have to spring for XP Pro while I'm at it.

Hurry up Christmas!

My boss (I work at a computer shop) gave me a fan/light controller for Christmas. I've noticed a pattern when I get my paycheck - I spend half of it at work!

I'll let you know how my X2 and 6800GS do on Call of Duty - I just got done partitioning my hard drive so I'm ready to load