Ok, here's my problem. I have a old 80GIG Westeren Digital HD laying around, and i want to make my slave drive. However, long time ago, I used this hardrive and well something went wrong and I couldnt boot it no more so I bought a new one. Is there any programs that I can burn to like a cd or something to like check the hardrive for any problems or something?

Install it into the machine, set the bios etc etc, windows should pick it up.

Then go ->

Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Switch to classic view(in xp) -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management

In that program go to Storage -> Disk Management

It should show you the different drives,

Your hard drive 80GIG Westeren Digital HD, should show up, under the main drive, without a partition, or grey.

This is a fairly powerful program and can rename drive letters to format and split up partions on a drive and do wierd and wonderfull things to currently working drives.

Right click on the formated/unformated space of the 80GB drive and follow from there. If your formatting use default settings, youll probably have to right click and "mark partition as active" it after you format it, and possibly assign it a drive letter.

If its not showing up in windows in that program under administrative tools, you will probably have to use the tools recomended by Brian to low-level format the drive. Just be carefull you dont mess up your current working drive!!

Pierce