Downloading (archiving) An Entire Message Board?

A friend of mine maintains a message board and he wanted to archive the contents, as he wants to host it from his home, rather than the host he is using right now. What sort of software would he use to download all of the threads within his forum? He just wants the pages to be viewable (i.e. HTML format) not interactive.

What forum software you using? I'm guessing one the popular ones like IPB or phpBB.

IPB and phpBB uses an SQL database to store content. Only thing you have to do is dumb the sql content and save it to your pc.

Ok, for example, if your using phpBB, it has an option in the adminCP for you to do a backup.

1. Do the back up and save the file to your pc.

2. Get the same version of the phpBB your using now (sometimes newer versions have new tables and stuff).

3. Install phpBB like you normally would.

4. run the query that you got from the sql dumb.

*You can run queries with like mySQLCC or like phpMyAdmin*

Edited by Martint
  • 2 years later...

Hello,

Iam from Pressmart, media service company and we offer digital publishing ,archiving and SEO Solution to publications.

If you are Looking to transform documents into intelligent content to reach global audience then try pressmart.net

We got well experienced Professional who can provide Solution on email Archiving and document management.