Who Will Win Bush Or Kerry?

BUSH OR KERRY?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. BUSH OR KERRY?

• BUSH Team:
    • Kerry Team?

Hey bear what link my website? I thought I posted it in one post about kerries wife....?Im kinda confused....

well all that info about kerry's beloved spouse :D ....there was a link but it didn't work for me. I will try it again. thanks.

I am not sure if this will be allowed by Beluga, I hope so. I am not trying to start any fights, just to maybe shed some light on a subject if possible.

About the email on the Heinz/Kerry donations. There was an article by one of the columnists of our daily paper recently saying that the various urban legend/myths websites had checked it out and that it was not as bad as it looks to be. I haven't spent much time on the various sites looking for the info tonight but did find this on one. So it is a partial truth it seems? But not bad I guess.

Truth or Fiction about Heinz Kerry donations

Hey I think that worked to make a link. Wow I did it I think. Cool B)

I will look for more info on the other urban legend type sites this weekend.

God bless everyone.

P. S. Well here I am back from checking some of the urban myth sites out to see if I could find another one about the email on Heinz donations. I did find one more.

Snopes with scope on Heinz donations

Also I found the column from our paper the other day and it listed the Heinz Endowment site for a list of what the money is designated for. That web site is...

Heinz Endowment Site

I do not like the misinformation and lies, that are spreading like wildfire, about the candidates or anyone else surrounding both Presidential candidates. The lies etc only serve to divide us as a country and do not help in the decision of who is right for the job of President.

I am voting for President Bush again, but wanted to be fair and bring out the truth on this, and I hope others will try to be truthful and fair on both sides also.

God bless America.

God bless everyone.

He aint a saint in any way....his wife gives to a fund that supports the taliban!

Let me post it...... But read it all ok?

An interesting read...

> > >

> > > Maria Teresa Thiersten Simoes-Ferreira Heinz Kerry

> > >

> > > Married Senator John Kerry in 1995.  She only took

> > > his name eighteen months ago and she is an

> > > "interesting" paradox of conflicts.  If you thought

> > > John Kerry was scary, he doesn't hold a candle to

> > > his wife!

> > >

> > > Maria Teresa Thiersten Simoes-Ferreira Heinz Kerry

> > > was born in Mozambique, the daughter of a Portuguese

> > > physician, was educated in Switzerland and South

> > > Africa.  Fluent in five languages, she was working

> > > as a United Nations interpreter in Geneva in the

> > > mid-60s when she met a "handsome" young American, H.

> > > John Heinz, III, who worked at a bank in Geneva.  He

> > > told her his family was "in the food business."

> > >

> > > They were married in 1966 and returned to Pittsburgh

> > > where his family ran the giant H.J. Heinz food

> > > company.  He was elected to the US House of

> > > Representatives in 1971, and in 1976 he was elected

> > > to the first of three terms in the United States

> > > Senate.  A Republican, he wrote a burning diatribe

> > > against some of the causes backed by young House

> > > member (John Kerry).

> > >

> > >  Several years later, in 1991, he was killed when

> > > his plane collided with a Sun Oil Company helicopter

> > > over a Philadelphia suburb.  The senator, his pilot

> > > and copilot, and both of Sun's helicopter pilots

> > > were killed.  He was survived by his wife, Teresa,

> > > and their three young sons.

> > >

> > > Four years later, having inherited Heinz's $500

> > > million fortune, she married Senator John Forbes

> > > Kerry, the liberal junior senator from

> > > Massachusetts.  She became a registered Democrat and

> > > the process of her radicalization was set in motion.

> > >  Heinz Kerry is not shy about telling people that

> > > she required Kerry to sign a prenuptial agreement

> > > before they were married.  John Kerry may not have

> > > check writing privileges on the Heinz catsup and

> > > pickle fortune, but he is certainly a willing and

> > > uncomplaining beneficiary of it.  A lot of

> > > hard-earned money, made through many years of

> > > hawking catsup, mustard, and pickles has fallen into

> > > the hands of two people who despise successful

> > > entrepreneurship and who believe in the confiscatory

> > > redistribution of wealth.

> > >

> > > So how does Mrs. Heinz Kerry spend John Heinz's

> > > money?

> > >

> > > Just one example:  According to the G2 Bulletin, an

> > > online intelligence newsletter of WorldNetDaily, in

> > > the years between 1995-2001 she gave more than $4

> > > million to an organization called the Tides

> > > Foundation.  And what does the Tides Foundation do

> > > with John Heinz's money?

> > >

> > > . They support numerous antiwar groups, including

> > > Ramsey Clark's International Action Center.  Clark

> > > has offered to defend Saddam Hussein when he's

> > > tried.

> > >

> > > . They support the Democratic Justice Fund, a joint

> > > venture of the Tides Foundation and billionaire

> > > hate-monger George Soros.  The Democratic Justice

> > > Fund seeks to ease restrictions on Muslim

> > > immigration from "terrorist" states.

> > >

> > > . They support the Council for American-Islamic

> > > Relations, whose leaders are known to have close

> > > ties to the terrorist group, Hamas.

> > >

> > > . They support the National Lawyers Guild, organized

> > > as a communist front during the Cold War era.  One

> > > of their attorneys, Lynne Stewart, has been arrested

> > > for helping a client, Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman,

> > > communicate with terror cells in Egypt.  He is the

> > > convicted mastermind of the 1993 World Trade Center

> > > bombing.

> > >

> > > They support the "Barrio Warriors," a radical

> > > Hispanic group whose primary goal is to return all

> > > of Arizona, California, New Mexico, and Texas to

> > > Mexico.

> > >

> > > These are but a few of the radical groups that

> > > benefit, through the anonymity provided by the Tides

> > > Foundation, from the generosity of our would-be

> > > first lady, the wealthy widow of Republican senator

> > > John Heinz, and now the wife of the Democratic

> > > senator who aspires to be the 44th President of the

> > > United States.

> > >

> > > Aiding and supporting our enemies is not good for

> > > America, regardless of your political views.  If

> > > voters will open their eyes, educate themselves and

> > > see the real Teresa Heinz Kerry, they will not

> > > appreciate her position as ultra-rich fairy

> > > godmother of the radical left.  They will not want

> > > to imagine her laying her head on a pillow each

> > > night inches away from the President of the United

> > > States.  Hopefully they love this country enough to

> > > decide that the only way these two will ever be

> > > allowed into the White House is with an engraved

> > > invitation in hand.

> > >

> > > Instead of deleting this, pass it on.  Let everyone

> > > know these people are unfit to represent this great

> > > nation.  The uninformed will never hear the truth

> > > from the press, who wants Kerry elected!  Those who

> > > buy the Kerry facade ....

> > >

> > > beware what you vote for.  You may regret that you

> > > got it!

> > >

> > >

> > > For a look at The Tides Foundation, visit

> > >

> > > http://www.activistcash

I just love when right winged conspirist use total fallacies in an attempt to demean someone who is against their exaulted leader. It truly sickens me when they use the big scare word TERRORIST when impugning those who oppose their warped thinking.

Internet "Whispering Campaigns" Falsely Accuse Teresa Heinz Kerry / Teresa Heinz Kerry and the Tides Foundation

Bogus E-mail (excerpt):

Teresa Heniz Funds Hamas?

Subject: Catsup, Pickles and the Radical left .

. . .So how does Mrs. Heinz Kerry spend John Heinz's money? Just one example:

According to the G2 Bulletin, an online intelligence newsletter of WorldNetDaily, in the years between 1995-2001 she gave more than $4 million to an organization called the Tides Foundation . And what does the Tides Foundation do with John Heinz's money?

They support numerous anti-war groups , including Ramsey Clark's International Action Center. Clark has offered to defend Saddam Hussein when he's tried.

They support the Democratic Justice Fund, a joint venture of the Tides Foundation and billionaire hate-monger George Soros. The Democratic Justice Fund seeks to ease restrictions on Muslim immigration from "terrorist" states.

They support the Council for American-Islamic Relations, whose leaders are known to have close ties to the terrorist group, Hamas.

They support the National Lawyers Guild, organized as a communist front during the Cold War era. One of their attorneys, Lynne Stewart, has been arrested for helping a client, Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman, communicate with terror cells in Egypt He is the convicted mastermind of the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.

They support Planned Parenthood, the National Abortion Rights Action League, and the Abortion Action Project. They support the most violent of all homosexual action groups, ACT-UP.

They support the "Barrio Warriors," a radical Hispanic group whose primary goal is to return all of Arizona, California, New Mexico, and Texas to Mexico.

These are but a few of the radical groups that benefit, through the anonymity provided by the Tides Foundation, from the generosity of our would-be first lady - the wealthy widow of Republican senator John Heinz, and now the wife of the Democratic senator who aspires to be the 44th President of the United States.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Summary

False allegations about Kerry's wife have been circulating for months, but the velocity of the Internet "whispering campaign" picked up substantially with the approach of the Fall campaign.

One false message claims Teresa Heinz Kerry gave $4 million to a foundation that used the funds to support a list of "radical" groups including one with alleged links to Hamas and another that is said to have offered to provide a lawyer for Saddam Hussein. But public records show otherwise. Heinz Kerry's foundation money was directed to projects such as "Sustainable Pittsburgh," which promotes "smart growth" strategies.

Another widely circulated e-mail claims Kerry and his wife "own" dozens of H.J. Heinz Company factories in Europe and Asia. It accuses Kerry of hypocrisy for denouncing offshoring of US jobs while "making millions off that cheap labor."

That's also false: neither of them own Heinz. Public records show Heinz Kerry isn't an officer of the company, isn't on the company's board of directors, and isn't even close to being the largest shareholder. The Heinz Endowments do own Heinz stock -- less than 4% of the company -- but income from that stock goes to charity, not to the Kerrys personally.

Analysis

FactCheck.org has received hundreds of copies of these two e-mails from subscribers who asked us to check out whether there's any truth to them. They have been circulating like a virus, relayed by people who either don't bother to check out whether they are true, or don't care. It's the modern equivalent of the old "whispering campaign" in which false rumors served as political weapons.

Teresa Heinz Kerry and the Tides Foundation

The more virulent of these nasty, false mailings alleges that she's given more than $4 million to the Tides Foundation of San Francisco to fund a variety of "radical" groups including some that the message suggests are supportive of terrorists.

To start, that's flatly denied by Maxwell King, the President of the Heinz Endowments. King told FactCheck.org:

King: Neither she nor her foundations has ever funded any of the extremist organizations or unpatriotic causes listed in the email you forwarded. Period.

The Tides Foundation also says that no Heinz funds have gone to any of the groups named in the e-mail. Further, it says Tides itself gives little or no money to several of them. Christopher J. Herrera, Director of Communications of the Tides Foundation, told us that the allegation about a Ramsey Clark group is utterly false, for example.

Herrera: We have made no grants to this organization nor can we find any association with it in our records.

According to Herrera, Tides Foundation gifts to the National Lawyers Guild total "approximately $30,000 over the last ten years," and donations to the Council on Islamic Relations amounted to a single $5,000 grant in 2002 for a Southern California project called the "Interfaith Coalition Against Hate Crimes." But even those relatively small sums didn't come from Heinz money as alleged.

Where $8 million went

Both groups say the only money given directly to the Tides Foundation by the Heinz Endowments was $230,000 given between 1994 and 1998, all used to support a pollution-prevention initiative and other environmental projects in Western Pennsylvania.

Much larger sums have gone through a related legal entity called the Tides Center , which administers grants for groups receiving donations that are not themselves incorporated as a nonprofit organization. The Tides Center takes a fee, typically between 7% and 9%, for handling payrolls, disbursing, legal and administrative work, but the rest legally must go to the group for which the donor intended it.

The Heinz Endowments released a list of grants totaling $8.1 million given through Tides since 1994. None of the money went for the "radical" groups named in the e-mail.Instead, the grants included such sums as:

$1.6 million for "Sustainable Pittsburgh," which promotes such projects as "bike to work week."

Just over $1 million for the "Chemical Strategies Partnership ," which looks for ways to cut the use of chemicals in industry.

$800,000 for the " Green Building Alliance ," which promotes buildings that use less energy.

Nearly $1.4 million for the "Pennsylvania Energy Project," which spun off several renewable-energy projects before going out of business at the end of 2000.

Included in the $8.1 million are grants from the Howard Heinz Endowment and also the Vira I. Heinz Endowment, which collectively make up the Heinz Endowments. Heinz Kerry chairs the Howard Heinz Endowment, the larger of the two, and is a member of the board of directors of the smaller Vira I. Heinz Endowment.

The list appears to be accurate: FactCheck.org checked each grant on the list against those that the Heinz endowments reported to the US Internal Revenue Service on their form 990's for the five years 1998 through 2002. We found no discrepancies: all the grants on the master list matched grants reported on the IRS forms, where there could be legal penalties for false reporting. We would have checked 990's for other years but those before 1998 are not readily available, and the two Heinz endowments aren't scheduled to file their forms for 2003 until Aug. 15.

(Anyone who wants to check for themselves can call up the Heinz form 990's here , where they are posted for all to see by Guidestar, a national database of nonprofit organizations. The service is free, but registration is required.)

The Scaife Connection

This false allegation has its roots in a study published in December, 2003 by the conservative Capital Research Center of Washington, DC. It stated that the Tides Foundation and Tides Center "effectively 'launder' donor dollars" so that "the original donor can’t be linked to the ultimate recipient." It said the Heinz Endowments had given $4,298,500 to Tides between 1995 and 2001. That turned out to be much less than the actual amount, and far from being "laundered," donations from Heinz are listed on the endowment's website as well as in publicly available form 990's.

One of the study's authors then wrote an opinion piece that appeared in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, accusing Heinz of teaming with Tides to engage in "secretive funneling of cash . . . to extreme left-wing activist groups." In fact, none of the Heinz money was actually earmarked for any of the organizations listed. Nevertheless, the two articles have been quoted widely on conservative newspaper editorial pages and on conservative websites, one of which is quoted in the bogus e-mail we cite here.

Worth noting is that the publisher of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review is conservative Republican donor Richard Mellon Scaife, whose charities also gave $260,000 to Capital Research in 2002, according to a March 7 report in the rival Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Scaife attracted notice in the 1990's when he funded some of the journalistic investigations into Bill Clinton's affairs. It was the editorial page director for Scaife's Tribune-Review, Colin McNickle, whom Heinz Kerry told to "shove it" in a much-reported incident during the Democratic National Convention July 25.

If one wishes to attack the credibility of an opponent they should at least do so with facts!

Please vote and tell me why you are voting for bush or kerry. Tell me what you think.

WHo will win BUSH OR KERRY?

Im sorry posted in wrong forum.....please move it to general......

I'm Canadian so I can't vote. I would like to see Kerry win. IMHO Kerry has better domestic policies than the President.

Please vote and tell me why you are voting for bush or kerry. Tell me what you think.

WHo will win BUSH OR KERRY?

Im sorry posted in wrong forum.....please move it to general......

I'm Canadian so I can't vote. I would like to see Kerry win. IMHO Kerry has better domestic policies than the President.

Ditto...plus im serbian so i think that kinda makes me biased and want bush to loose ;)