Bluetooth Advice (edited)

Truthfully, I'm not sure if it'll work--I've never tried mixing and matching Bluetooth devices. However, I read both specs, and the adapter is Class 1, and the headset is Class 2. I don't think those two will go together (I believe the latter, class 2, is a cell phone headset). Then again, I'm just assuming because I see they are 2 different classes; they may be able to work together.

If you want to/can, you can try to get a wireless headset that comes with its adapter. You won't have bluetooth for your computer, but its certainly an option. Try pursuing the bluetooth route, first, in my opinion.

Good luck

~Murtu52

Thanks Murtu.

This is an excerpt about the different classes:

Most Bluetooth headsets and cellular phones utilize Class 3 Bluetooth technology because it is the most power efficient Bluetooth class. When two Bluetooth devices are wirelessly connected (i.e., Bluetooth headset and Bluetooth cell phone), they can only work at the maximum range of the lowest-class device. Therefore, if you connect a Class 2 Bluetooth headset with a Class 3 Bluetooth cellular phone, the maximum working range of the two devices will be 33 ft.

THat site may be wrong though, so Ill do some more research on that topic.

I agree with you on taking the blue tooth option first. So far it seems to be MUCH more cost efficient.

Thanks Murtu.

Most Bluetooth headsets and cellular phones utilize Class 3 Bluetooth technology because it is the most power efficient Bluetooth class. When two Bluetooth devices are wirelessly connected (i.e., Bluetooth headset and Bluetooth cell phone), they can only work at the maximum range of the lowest-class device. Therefore, if you connect a Class 2 Bluetooth headset with a Class 3 Bluetooth cellular phone, the maximum working range of the two devices will be 33 ft.

I agree with you on taking the blue tooth option first. So far it seems to be MUCH more cost efficient.

I'm not sure about cost efficiency, but maybe more practical--This way, you have the option of using Bluetooth in the future with different devices....

I'll do some research too and get back to you....

~Murtu52

Thanks Murtu.

I'm not sure about cost efficiency, but maybe more practical--This way, you have the option of using Bluetooth in the future with different devices....

I'll do some research too and get back to you....

~Murtu52

Yes, that to.

I went ahead and ordered the them both off Newegg last night.

Thanks Murtu