Windows Xp User Account Changes

Ok, I've made 2 user accounts; 1 being administrator, and the other being my gaming profile. Here's what I want to do:

I want to change (for the gaming profile only) the programs that come up on startup so that I have only the minimal needed items running for faster/better gameplay. I want to make these Chages to the Gaming profile ONLY so that it will come up that way everytime I log into the gaming profile, but it WON"T affect what boots at startup in the administrator profile.

Thanks.

Hi Nerelda

Simple to do, any changes made in your Gamer profile will not affect your Admin profile.

Change the Gamer profile to Limited account after you make the changes and it should be good to go. Visit Black Viper Home page to get the gamer profile set up

Good luck

Dave

Hi Nerelda

Simple to do, any changes made in your Gamer profile will not affect your Admin profile.

Change the Gamer profile to Limited account after you make the changes and it should be good to go. Visit Black Viper Home page to get the gamer profile set up

Good luck

Dave

Maybe I just didnt' look in the right places, but I couldn't seem to find the gamer profile setup.

... "...I logged in under the gaming account, made the proper changes, and rebooted. "

Did you log in as admin on the game account?

Yes, I logged in as Admin under the gaming account, but also tried by NOT logging in as Admin under the gaming account (although I know that was useless anyway) but I still try several ways of doing things, just in case.

For the ultimate bare bones gaming setup you might want to try creating another hardware profile for your system.

This will let you have one normal profile, and a second minimal profile for gaming.

Several of the services you want disabled only when gaming are actually loaded before the login software at boot time.

Having multiple hardware profiles lets you pick the one you want at boot.

The downside is having to reboot to switch profiles ("accounts").

Microsoft's Explanation