Ram Operating In Single Channel Mode?

A couple weeks ago when my windows installation became corrupt I started having this problem. When my PC starts up, my motherboard tells me my ram is operating in single channel mode and i should move XXX to slot XXXX.

Ive got 3 256mb PC 2700 Crucial brand sticks of ram filling 3 of my 4 slots. So, I dont see how moving ram around would help anything.

Why is it telling me this all of a sudden? :wacko:

How do i fix er?

Oh! THe motherboard is an Intel D865PERL

A couple weeks ago when my windows installation became corrupt I started having this problem. When my PC starts up, my motherboard tells me my ram is operating in single channel mode and i should move XXX to slot XXXX.

Ive got 3 256mb PC 2700 Crucial brand sticks of ram filling 3 of my 4 slots. So, I dont see how moving ram around would help anything.

Why is it telling me this all of a sudden? :wacko:

How do i fix er?

Oh! THe motherboard is an Intel D865PERL

I take it that you have dual channel motherboard. In order for your computer to be in dual channel mode you need to have 4 memory sticks of 256mb. 3 memory sticks will set the memory to single mode.

Sceeter32