I recently upgraded my computer at work. It now has an ECS 760GX-M Micro ATX AMD Motherboard with an AMD Sempron 2600+ processor, and 512MB RAM in an ATRIX (Colors it) CSCI-C8002-A1 case with 400watt PSU. It worked great out of the box, but after plugging my headphones into the audio port in the front of the case, I have problems.

I have a 2.1 speaker set from Creative. After plugging into the front port, only the left speaker and the woolfer work. When I try to adjust the balance to the Left, nothing happens, to the right, the sound goes away. I have plugged other speakers and my headphones into the back port with the same results.

I seemed to have fixed the problem when I flashed a new BIOS to the motherboard, but I didn't learn from the first time, and used the front audio port again, with the same result. I have also been to the website to update the drivers with now change. Any ideas on what is causing this problem?

Check how you have the cables, that run from you front speaker port to the motherboard are set. You might have them plugged in wrong. Or even pinned wrong if the motherboard has 5.1 capability.

I would look at the wiring myself, it sounds like something is not hooked up properly.

How is the Exchange policy for this board from where you bought it?

Maybe trying a new board to see if it has the same problem or not, is the way to go here.

I would go with a new board, except I wouldn't have a computer while I RMAd it (NewEgg). So I would buy a sound card before I did that.

I did check the wireing, and everything is plugged in correctly. I'm going to look for a good sound card to replace the onboard probably. Unless I get any other suggestions.

I am off to try my live Linux CD, to see if the sound card problems are the same there.