G4tv Is Going To Canceled This Friday!

Thanks for the support folks!!! I really appreciate it. I was feeling a bit stressed over the entire thing, as you all may have noticed, and you folks made it all better!!! I knew I could count on you for support!!! Thanks!!!

Just like Chappy said in so many good ways, this is the place to be, to feel safe because we are family here, and people care about each other, it is indeed a miraculous place to be!!! :wub:

Which brings me back to the op on this thread, sorry for hijacking your thread...hope you don't mind.

And the other thing I need to apologize to you for making light fun of what may be one of your favorite G4 shows and the fact that it is cancelled. For the insensitiveness of those remarks I ask you to forgive me please. G4 does tend to bring out intense emotions at times and not always good ones, that's for sure!!!

Mac, your trouble fixer upper mattic... (is that an automatic fixer upper? if so I need to order at least a dozen (or a hundred? or more!!!)...seems to have worked so far!!!

I logged in over there earlier today, and still not banned, and am being ignored/unanswered which is fine so people can have more chance to know I posted and to check it out...HA HA HA!!! :rolleyes:

Love ya all. :wub:

Pat

God bless everyone.

you'll always be loved and welcomed with open arms here.

tell me about it, i've been trying to broaden my friends base by going to other forums, even 2 online dating forums, and the others just aren't hame. BTW free online dating sites are so full with jerks, male and female, it scares that the world has so many unhappy nonnice people in it. you should hear some of the advice i got for my profile there. i was even told to flat out lie. scary isn't it?

ohhh before i forget

(wraps up a trouble fixer upper mattic with a bow on top for thesidekickcat)

(and one for blim and bozodog too since i know they'll need them)

Thanks for the support folks!!! I really appreciate it. I was feeling a bit stressed over the entire thing, as you all may have noticed, and you folks made it all better!!! I knew I could count on you for support!!! Thanks!!!

Just like Chappy said in so many good ways, this is the place to be, to feel safe because we are family here, and people care about each other, it is indeed a miraculous place to be!!! :wub:

Which brings me back to the op on this thread, sorry for hijacking your thread...hope you don't mind.

And the other thing I need to apologize to you for making light fun of what may be one of your favorite G4 shows and the fact that it is cancelled. For the insensitiveness of those remarks I ask you to forgive me please. G4 does tend to bring out intense emotions at times and not always good ones, that's for sure!!!

Mac, your trouble fixer upper mattic... (is that an automatic fixer upper? if so I need to order at least a dozen (or a hundred? or more!!!)...seems to have worked so far!!!

I logged in over there earlier today, and still not banned, and am being ignored/unanswered which is fine so people can have more chance to know I posted and to check it out...HA HA HA!!! :rolleyes:

Love ya all. :wub:

Pat

God bless everyone.

you'll always be loved and welcomed with open arms here.

tell me about it, i've been trying to broaden my friends base by going to other forums, even 2 online dating forums, and the others just aren't hame. BTW free online dating sites are so full with jerks, male and female, it scares that the world has so many unhappy nonnice people in it. you should hear some of the advice i got for my profile there. i was even told to flat out lie. scary isn't it?

ohhh before i forget

(wraps up a trouble fixer upper mattic with a bow on top for thesidekickcat)

(and one for blim and bozodog too since i know they'll need them)

Mac you are just so sweet. I know that someday you will just 'accidentally' find the right girl and both of you fall in love and live happily ever after!!!

What you might consider doing is join some real world groups, or start your own, like a computer club, or an inventors club, or start volunteering at some organization, or even do some volunteer computer repair work at a school or non-profit organization. Or take (volunteer teach?) some courses at the community centers (our local ones are run by the parks department), or at the community college. You might even find somewhere in all that activity, a job and the right girl too. That would be the way to find a girl interested in the same things you are. But you do know that opposites attract, so maybe you will find a gal that is totally different than anyone you could ever imagine and fall madly in love!!! Yes in fact I think that is more common then the every thing in common ones that end up bored with each other. So don't pressure yourself about finding someone right now, just get out in the world and have fun doing things, meeting new people etc. I don't know about impersonal dating services, especially online...and personals in the paper are tricky too. Yes there are exceptions, but the dangers of the lunatic fringe are there too, along with people just so desperate and lonely looking for happiness in all the wrong places. So be cheerful my friend, you will find the right girl, or she will find you...all you need to do is be available and findable in real world settings.

Thanks so much for the trouble fixer upper mattic. Just what I needed!!! I really wasn't hinting for one to much was I? Thanks for inventing such a nifty helper-outer.

Pat.

God bless everyone.

im not sure why this thread appeared on this board

considering most of us are converts from g4 .

if any one was concerned why wasnt it posted at g4.

i kept my sub going there because i have many friends there .

and i go to

keep in touch.

posting this thread is irrelivent.

becuase if the powers to be want to get rid of it, it is their choice.

as we found when we got shut out of techtv.

to be honest i dont give a s----t

if the chanel closes.

i hope our friends come over to BT.

and not all that rabble they have there

marty

don't worry martymas, it's only a matter of time until G4 sets the deathstar self destruct and all our friends stroll over here to watch the explosion.

thanks blim and thesidekickcat, sometimes it feels like as young as i am i've already gone through so much. lost people i loved so dearly, made something that millions use and enjoy, earned and lost a million dollars, i've changed myself so many times so that i can cope, and it just doesn't help being so incredibly different from everyone else.

Awww, Mac. :wub: My very own "trouble fixer upper mattic" Thanx so very much. Now I don't have to hear Sweet Brit *SIGH* everytime I bullox up something on this "personal confuzer"

G4? Is there still a G4? Bleh.... Oh yeah... channel 50- G4TV Dang! seems like my 50 button on the remote don't work. Wait, I don't have a 50 button. Lucky me.

It was inevitable really...I never watched the channel myself, and moderating there was not fun at all, not like it is here.

Now I wonder how long it will take for the boards to be shut down completely, and I certainly hope that we don't get the a**es from there coming here.

I welcome as many new members as this may bring, and I promise...along with our other Admin's, Mod's, and Staff, that we'll NEVER EVER...EVER, let this place degenerate into what the G4 forums became!!!!

Well-said, Chappy! :thumbsup:

If their boards go down I will work hard to maintain the excellence of our forums. I'm proud of BT! :D

I personally think it sucks....

I loved watching some shows on there, I'm a gamer as well and liked seeing the reviews of games so I know weather to go out a blow $80.00 on a game or not, their reviews usually were pretty accurate.. X-Play and reviews on the run were the shows I liked...

I know Call for Help wasn't the "greatest" show and they showed a lot of stuff on there the average or above average geek already knew. I still liked watching it because sometimes they showed us the little things we (us geeks) tend to over look. Plus the thing I really liked best about CFH was the little free programs they always showed us...

I will miss G4 and I'm not afraid to admit it...

that was the confusion earlier. the whole G4 network isn't canceled. just a show on there called G4TV.

Oh really???

Well, what seems to be the problem??

I'm happy it isn't going to be cancelled, sure you have trolls and what not on the forums and some shows are aimed towards a younger audience, but there are some descent shows on there and I'm happy they will still be around...

that was the confusion earlier. the whole G4 network isn't canceled. just a show on there called G4TV.

Oh really???

Well, what seems to be the problem??

I'm happy it isn't going to be cancelled, sure you have trolls and what not on the forums and some shows are aimed towards a younger audience, but there are some descent shows on there and I'm happy they will still be around...

i think that more than anything else alot of people have a bitter taste in their mouth from how TechTv crumbled under G4s control. not that it wasn't slowly falling apart before anyways but it sure fell apart fast once comcast handed G4 TechTv.

yeah a couple of the shows are decent and i see alot of potential. but i can honestly say that i think that i could do a better job of running the network. so much of what they lack is direction and to stop looking at numbers and figures over there. and for gods sake someone please tell the execs to stop reading the how to run a business books and throw those things away. a mix of computer and other technology and gaming network could've been so much more but the idiots at the top screwed it up so bad.

Edited by macmarauder

Well Mac, they still haven't figured out what they want the network to be when it grows up!!! :wacko:

Not only has the G4TV show been cancelled, but so has Call For Help, at least the US version of it.

And more changes to come, possibly even a network name change again.

I saw a thread or two on G4 about CFH being cancelled, so went over to Leoville and found a couple of threads with some good news links about G4's newest plans.

The main issue just makes me furious, how dare they buy the syndication rights of Star Trek, and Star Trek The Next Generation? To have to put G4 back on my Dish favorites just to watch old Star Trek stuff makes me feel yucky, let alone the actual G4 channel watching for anything!!!

G4 buying syndication rights to Star Trek and Star Trek Next Generation

This link has quite a bit more info.

G$ buying syndication rights to Star Trek, and Star Trek Next Generation

So without any tech shows on the channel, what will become of the now CFH forum, will they return to a Tech Support board, or throw it all away? Hard to tell, but G4 seldom makes good decisions and sure doesn't care what people want.

The interesting question is, if they keep a tech support board, what will happen with the addition of Trekkies to the G (for galaxy?) 4 forums? That might be worth staying around to watch. Ha!!! Ought to liven the place up a bit to say the least.

Thought this all might add more fuel for the fire against G4.

Pat.

God bless everyone.

(macmarauder is sad)

yeah they have so much potential but things just keep getting worse and they keep adding good stuff hoping that their ratings will go up. but they don't so the good non gaming stuff gets crumpled up and thrown in the trash.

"they could've been a contender"

but for now their just a mediocre network with a few good things but that's it.

(macmarauder is sad)

yeah they have so much potential but things just keep getting worse and they keep adding good stuff hoping that their ratings will go up. but they don't so the good non gaming stuff gets crumpled up and thrown in the trash.

If the sticky I saw when I visited yesterday is to be believed; Dave and I were just a couple months ahead of time and they will be cancelling Call For Help and closing the board after all. At least there has been a little extra time for folks to stay in touch.

(macmarauder is sad)

If the sticky I saw when I visited yesterday is to be believed; Dave and I were just a couple months ahead of time and they will be cancelling Call For Help and closing the board after all. At least there has been a little extra time for folks to stay in touch.

Hey Pete

You & I both know that their original intent was to close the Tech board completely, and open the CFH board with the launch of the program. It was only after the uproar we caused that they did the about-face and quickly decided to keep Tech under the name CFH. It was very obvious in that memo what their intentions were, it was not a grey area as they say...when it says "board terminated" then "ditto" for Tech Support, that means terminated, not a name change.

So now they're going thru with their original plans, just in a roundabout way because of the issue mentioned above...typical for those idiots. I couldn't believe how badly that place was moderated and administered, their members were afraid of the Mods and Admins. What kind of forum is that...the staff should be models for the members, not an intimidation factor.