What Do You Have To Do To Get Your Day Going?

On a regular school day, get up and have a good bacony breakfast :D

On a training day (swim/volleyball practise) which means getting up at 530 to be ready for practise at 630 I first try not to fall over, then half the battle is getting dressed...after that, scrounge up something to eat in the dark before practise and pack something for after. Last but not least, try not to kill myself driving to the arena haha

A hot mug of coffee or tea, glass of cranberry juice and a bowl of oatmeal or fried egg on whole wheat toast sandwich then about 4 cigarettes in the morning get me started. After that dumping a 10 pounder and a hot shower fully charges me and I'm ready to take on the world. It used to be the 10 pounder, hot shower, slice of cold pizza, 2 Buds, 2 double Jacks and half a pack of cigs.

Up at 5:00am,an hour on the computer, dump and shower 30 minutes on computer while son gets ready for school then a walk to work. Follow all that with coffee, more coffee but no cigarettes any more

Sit in a stupor at the dining room table while drinking my 2 cups of coffee (I am so stupid before my coffee) chit chat with Hubby before he goes to bed (third shifter) then start a load of laundry and dive into housework, errand running, general mayhem, whatever.

Liz

Umm, wake up to early and take the usual *Potty Break*..

Go back to bed for a few after turning on me computer...

Wake up an hour later or more likely 4 hours and check *My World* which for these past 2-years plus has been the Internet..

Look for a job... *Not happening* nadda, nothing no way...

Go get Coffee at the local Food place or East of Chicago Pizza which has the best coffee and sit and think...

Have my usual *Flash Pizza*, I should be the Spokesman for them cause I have lost weight like the Subway guy and I was Skinny to begin with (I only eat once a day) ... hahaha

Think some more and them start my way home and sometimes stop to see an old friend from school...

Back on the net and basically be Stupid for a few hours...

Now that Dad's house has sold and the Estate will be settled by the 1st week of January, I am now faced with that most important decision in life..

What the Hell am I gonna DO??...

I kept putting this off for the longest time, now it is staring me right in the face..

Well I do not wanna go back to any place in the U.S. I have lived before... Been there done that...

Soooooooooooooooooo.......

*I Have No Clue!!*..

I do have a few options but I now gotta as they say: *Get My $h|t together*...

Any you guys need a Somewhat, Kinda Good & mostly okay Computer Guy that is also the same with Graphics and one hell of a musician from Yesteryear???...

*Go West Young Man, Go West!*... Nah been there, I want someplace WARM!...

Sorry for the Rant guys.. hehe

Edited by KeithLDick

Open my eyes and let the dogs out begins things, but I just do not feel conscious before my coffee. Three Mr Coffee scoops in my Cusinart set to the 1-4 cup flow rate and temperature range, with one 16oz mug full of water ( I figure that is two cups plus one scoop for the pot) . Good amount of sugar and creamer generally, although some days I still drink it black. Breakfast can wait until I see if the OL will be joining me or not.

~ I need lots of time in the morning to gently ease into my day. So I make sure that I'm up at least an hour before I really need to be, so that I can have my required quiet time for myself, enjoy my tea, and think happy thoughts.... then I'm good to go.

Bathroom -- embarrassed to admit I skim the newspaper then -- Shower & out the door. Once at work it's cup after cup of Cafe Lattes to keep me goin'. I'm not a "latte" or other fancy drink person but their coffee SUCKS, so it's either Lattes, Cappucinos or for the rough days, Espressos (or a shot of Espresso IN my Latte or Cappucino!).

I wake up, depending on what time it is I'll call Mandy to wake her up, because she like when I do that. Then we'll talk while we're getting ready, she leaves first. I then finish getting ready, brush my teeth, spike/mess up my hair. Get on my computer if I have any free time before I have to go, say good bye to my IRC friends and I'm off to school. On my way to school I listen to my ipod - that is a must. I need my music. :lol:

B

Coffee, cigarette, computer, repeat until conscious, usually three times. Often the bathroom is a much needed first stop.

edit: Oh yeah, don't post until conscious.

(My other rule is no posting after starting the second drink, although I still tend to break that one and often regret it.)

Edited by Makai

"What Do You Have To Do To Get Your Day Going?"

Well, before I would roll a joint and crank up the music...

Years of doing that did a number on me mentally...

Now I read a few pages in the Bible and ask God to help me get through the day, ask him to help me stay away from temptation and say a prayer for everyone in the whole wide world!

Edited by TymeKyller

Hit the snooze alarm several different times til the cat says get up for her medicine now....! Then the bathroom/shower/dress routine etc, then coffee, coffee, and more coffee. I get the coffee pot ready the night before, so I don't mess it up when I'm still groggy in the morning.

I am NOT a morning person but hubby is...sigh opposites do attract and then drive you nuts on the big items like morning people versus the rest of us!!! Now he jokes about it and I compromise as much as possible, but it used to be a huge big deal. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

And just because I am walking and both eyes might be open, does not mean I am awake!!! Hubby teases me and tells everyone, don't call or visit (unless emergency then heaven help everyone!) before nine (even though I may be up for hours by then) as no telling how silly, goofy, or yelling if woken up, she will be. Mostly true too!!!

Breakfast is more like brunch time, can't stand the thought of eating before I am really awake.

As for prayer time, well that is just before my breakfast. The Lord and I share a quiet visit of my praise and worship of Him, my prayers, devotional reading, listening to Him, and thanksgiving (bible reading after breakfast when hopefully I am fully awake and able to concentrate more) while I drink more coffee.

When I was a kid, my Mom had a terrible time getting me up in time to get ready for school, eat, and then walk the long walk to catch the school bus in time. She would set the old fashioned windup alarm clock (with the dual bells on top of it) on top of a galvanized wash tub to amplify the sound and let it ring until it ran down, sometimes even rewinding it for another round. By then the dogs were usually upset with the noise and would come jump on the bed and bark at me. By the time I was about 12, she just gave up and perked strong coffee then would bring in a cup of steaming coffee and tantalizingly hold it under my nose but just out of reach when I grabbed for it until I got up. So yes folks, parents did bribe kids even back in the '50's! It's a time honored tradition to get kids to do what they are supposed to do. Ha! Anyhow my coffee habit began way back then, and is now 1 to 2 pots of coffee a day, depending on the day and how I feel, also on how cold the weather is.

Pat

God bless everyone.

wake up, then bathroom, then turn on the shower, take off clothes (im half sleepy, half awake) then get in shower, then laid down on tub and catch some ZZZ while in showering. (it really relaxing when i do this). then my mind woke up and tell me it time to get up, usually i stay in shower for 10 to 15 min. my mind usually know when it time to get up..... then get out and dry myself. still naked....l brush my teeth and mouthwash... then put on clothes, then let my great dane dog out. (my great dane usually took a long pee.... usually up to 3 min. he must have a huge bladder) then eat breakfast then leave to school.

after school. got home from yearbook (i am the editor of yearbook and have meeting every day at afterschool) turn on my water heating device. then put grounds in fabrics. (This coffeemaker is not a machine, it a Costa Rican Coffee Maker) then put the fabric in my mug then pour water in my mug and leave it there for 5 min. i like my coffee strongly brewed. then i took out the fabric that gather all the ground in it. then two sugar and a coffeemate..... then sit on chair and turn on the music that very repeating until i stop it. i have ADD, i like to keep my mind busy but relax at the same time. Once in a whiel i took off my hearing aids (it a device that help deaf people to hear things) and take a nap. often when i woke up, i usually found that my great dane is sleeping on the top of me.... he is 160 pounds dog. but my great dane dog love me anyway. and he usually snore, i dont hear it but i can feel it very clearly....

When i was little, my mom wake me up every morning, but after my ma wake me up, i went back to sleep and my mom wake me up again. and i got up but when i went to sleep second time, my mom will pour a COLDEST water on me..... and it works every time

like the title says, what do you have to do to get your day going?

for some it's a giant mug of coffee, for others it lots of sugar, or a morning jog. what's your daily ritual?

For me a whack of coffee jump starts my system and forces me to be mildly sentient. I also like to listen to the morning radio. I then like to go to work about 30 minutes early so I can phase into work mode gradually and give myself time to chat with my co-workers.

On the weekend I try not to have a schedule and "go with it." :D

I like this thread :thumbsup: Lets see now. After I wake up or should I say I am woke up pretty much daily in one hell of a lot of back pain, anyhow I lay there for a few thinking, what is the best way to get out of bed without causing more pain. The first few steps are the worst because my ankles feel like they are going to break in a million pieces. Then it's potty time. I to make my coffee the night before so I won't screw that up. I laughed Pat when I read how you do that. I thought I was the only person that did that Lol. I turn the coffee on then go lay back down for 20 to 30 more minutes. Then I pour a big mug of coffee and that good Hazelnut creamer. Lately I have been drinking that, Eggnog creamer put out by, Carnation, Emmm. Then it's 650 MG. of Percocet every morning followed up with about a half pack of smokes, I turn on the computer with my mug of coffee. I too like peace & quiet when I first wake up for about 3 hours. Anyhow 30 to 40 mins. after I take my pain meds I get this really nice buzzy feeling in my head and just feel so relaxed as my pain fades away for about 3 hours. I usually don't post on any boards when I first wake up as that requires me to have to type and that is a big no no when I have my morning buzz.

After my buzz starts to wear off I jump in the shower then shave etc. then it's time for my next round of happy meds. Me !! I swear I am always stoned 24 hours a day. And if I have a hard time getting to sleep I have, Valium.

And to think, my good doctor wants me on even stronger meds. *Not* I take enough as it is.

Anyhow, great thread. :thumbsup:

First thing would be starting a fire in the wood stove while the coffee is brewing. Then a cup of hot coffee and a smoke as I wait for everything to heat back up in the house. Love the smell of wood smoke in the mornings. :)