What Is Your Favorite Taste Or Smell In The World?

I was going to say black licorice, but after reading these replies, now I don't know....cantaloupe and fresh bread sure sound good--but no bacon--the only thing that got me sick when I was pregnant--21 years later and I still can't stand the smell!

Liz

Edited by blim

The smell of mountain air, early in the morning on a spring day. Just as all the flowers are starting to open up. You get that fresh air with a touch of sweetness of flowers. AAAHHHHH. Always makes me feel young.

Taste: Fried chicken / chocolate / pecan pie (a la mode) / Hot fudge sundae / fresh strawberries

Smell: Skunk Cabbage... reminds me of my childhood roamings near NW 107th in Seattle, WA / Ocean breeze / fresh cut slightly dampened green lawn grass / roses

Sound: Chimes / solid pocket hit (bowling) / "crack" of a home run (baseball) / harp / Glass Armonica / Led Zeppelin

cantaloupe has to be the bestest of all.

Straight? With Salt (my OL eats all melons with salt)? Sugar? Honey?

Hard to really limit it to one thing, so many of those folks have listed are so good and it really varies day to day.

Every so often I run into one of those things which I say to myself "I could eat this every day for the rest of my life " ( Like pork loin, pounded flat( 1/8 inch max) and then quick (thirty seconds or so per side) cooked in a hot pan with just a bit of butter and olive oil => Pork Scallopini; or a perfectly charcoal grilled steak).

But I think it is the slight differences (the nuttyness of the flour varies depending on the exact pan temperature) which make any great flavor superior. Any fruit varies depending on temperature and how ripe it was when harvested and how long ago that was.

How about a peanut butter and butter sandwich. The contrast of the two fats (one room temp , one cold) can be amazing (I don't eat those any more; now we are on low fat sugar free diet ).

I would have to say....Teriyaki beef stew, well Teriyaki chicken too, also teriyaki steak...and ranch dressing...

I hate these food talk posts...always end up leaving with drool on the shirt...

Oh boy... :blink: ...I have a few of these.. :rolleyes:

Smell:

BBQ-ing

Outside fire pits at the lakes or inside fireplace at home

Fresh baked bread

Spring air freshness

Tastes:

Anything hot and spicey

Chinese food

Fresh baked bread

I remembered another great smell--line dried laundry (especially in the spring when the violets are blooming)

AND evergreens in the house! I'm making a garland for the front porch and my family room smells like Christmas!

Salt on cantaloupe, Pete? *slaps head* My dad does that, along with ruining watermelon and peaches the same way...He salts his beer, too. Crazy man.

Liz