Downloading And Converting Rm Files?

I understand that but how do I get these RM files in the first place?

That's where I'm stuck.

I'll play a Real Audio file which shows up in my temp file as a RAM.

But my understanding is that I can only convert a RM file.

So how or where do I find this RM file?

RAM is a streaming media format; the audio is streamed to your computer, not downloaded in one file. You need to find tools to capture the stream. I'm afraid I don't really know anything about capturing RAM streams.

RAM is a streaming media format; the audio is streamed to your computer, not downloaded in one file. You need to find tools to capture the stream. I'm afraid I don't really know anything about capturing RAM streams.

Use rel player to play the RM file use JetAudio to record the stream as a Mp3. This is the simplest way I know but time consuming if your recording alot because you must listen to entire stream.

Preston

Awesome, that worked great. Thanks for the link.

Now does anyone know how I can turn the volume up?

It seems that when I capture/record the stream, I lose quality on the volume.

Adjust the record level (in jet audio the slider beside the source area in the record function area) and also the .Wav in your sound controls you may not want to adjust the wav level too high or the gain will muddy the sound. You will need to play with this untill you get the optimum sound the good news is once you found your settings they will work on most all your recording. I record a hour or 2 of Mainstream Jazz (real Jazz) daily from http://www.wmot.org/ to keep me company at work.

Preston

I'm trying to download some Real Media files but I think I'm doing something wrong.

Now in my temp folder I can see the RAM file but what I'm looking for is the RM file, right?

How do I get this RM file so I can convert it into an MP3?

Thanks

A guy in England had a site with Real Audio on it & he told me a simple trick to copy .rm & .ra files from his site even though they were presented as .ram files.

He said to type in .rm or .ra in the address of the .ram file after deleting the .ram.

It worked from his site where he had the .rm & .ra files in the same directory as the .ram files.

Just put the altered address in the address text area & click the GO button.

This might or might not work with internet radio.

It does work with some sites though.

The Jet Audio program sounds like it will work better.

I'm trying to download some Real Media files but I think I'm doing something wrong.

Now in my temp folder I can see the RAM file but what I'm looking for is the RM file, right?

How do I get this RM file so I can convert it into an MP3?

Thanks

A guy in England had a site with Real Audio on it & he told me a simple trick to copy .rm & .ra files from his site even though they were presented as .ram files.

He said to type in .rm or .ra in the address of the .ram file after deleting the .ram.

It worked from his site where he had the .rm & .ra files in the same directory as the .ram files.

Just put the altered address in the address text area & click the GO button.

This might or might not work with internet radio.

It does work with some sites though.

The Jet Audio program sounds like it will work better.

I've tried so many ways now I can't keep track of what I've done. I think I tried doing it that way too but I just can't those darn .RM files.

Jet Audio seems to work but no matter what I do, I lose audio quality.

I think I read that somewhere too. That when you go from RM to another format, you'll lose quality.

I've tried so many ways now I can't keep track of what I've done. I think I tried doing it that way too but I just can't those darn .RM files.

Jet Audio seems to work but no matter what I do, I lose audio quality.

I think I read that somewhere too. That when you go from RM to another format, you'll lose quality.