Find Each Other!

Hi all! I got this idea from Geekstogo, and I thought it would be a fun thing for us! :D This website has used Google Maps to create Frapper. It lets you mark locations for public sharing, and is being used by many groups to allow members to indicate their individual locations. (Supposedly, "Frappr" is derived from "friend"+"mapper.") By looking at the Frappr map as a whole, you can gain an instant overview of where members are, and how many are near you (for security, Frappr maps each member's location only to the center of their town; not to the street or house level). You can also add your avatar to your location (by upload) to make it easier for other members to identify you. When siging up, if you click the "Not in the US" link, you will be able to add your city from any country.

View the Besttechie map and add yourself!

Matt

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Added mine but somehow ended up with multil listings????? Don't know how. But asked Jeff to clean it out. :huh:

Also it shows to be off about 5 miles. The town is off to the right a little on full zoom.

Edited by JSKY

I remember the discussion of a BT's map of members--great to see it! Multi listings, Jsky? *slaps head", that sounds like something that would happen to me! I've staked my claim on the map.

Thanks to both Macmarauder and Matt!

liz

Added mine but somehow ended up with multil listings????? Don't know how. But asked Jeff to clean it out.

JSKY, I checked, you're only on there once. Oh, and btw, since Jeff is in Floriday atm, I dunno if he knows about this yet. hehe, :ph34r:

Glad you like it all!

Matt

No. If you click on me it says "HI From the Black Hills" 4 times, and if you scroll down, it's listed 4 times also down at the bottom of the main screen.

Hey, Matt, (or Jeff, when you get back from Florida, which makes me very jealous, by the way) do you think it would be possible to have this map put in a more prominent place, like maybe up top in the Banner by "Live Chat! Help Search Members Calendar" or somewhere? Don't want to get this nifty gadget lost.

Liz