Your Christmas Trees

Wow, a designer tree! It's stunning.

Wait right here while I go find my tree, ornaments, tinsel, lights, set them up, find the camera, take a pic, load it in the computer, host it and return to post .... Nevermind. I think I'll pour myself another cup o' Joe instead. ;)

Wow, a designer tree! It's stunning.

Wait right here while I go find my tree, ornaments, tinsel, lights, set them up, find the camera, take a pic, load it in the computer, host it and return to post .... Nevermind. I think I'll pour myself another cup o' Joe instead. ;)

Cant wait for 3 ghosts to visit you on Christmas eve... :blush::P

Nice Tree! THe best kind there is....

.... Free

when I lived in texas we would just go out and hang a cowbell and flashlight on a mesquite tree.... then we would stand around the tree and sing an old BOB WILLS song.

Hahaha!!

That was a good one old friend!!

Remeber everyone the true meaning of Christmas

when I lived in texas we would just go out and hang a cowbell and flashlight on a mesquite tree.... then we would stand around the tree and sing an old BOB WILLS song.

Lol! That's a pretty good tradition.

edit: Even better if you throw in a bottle of tequila.

Edited by Makai
...Nevermind. I think I'll pour myself another cup o' Joe instead. ;)

Cant wait for 3 ghosts to visit you on Christmas eve... :blush::P ...

PLEASE! I have enough trouble dealing with the paranormal events in my life as it is, don't wish that upon me! (Arrgh, trying to get the entire idea out of my head .... )

(Unrelated to topic: The television show Medium gets it correct: natrually they dramatize it for TV but they accurately portray the difficulites of understanding what's going on and the responsibilities that go along with such knowledge.)

After years of suffering the allegies caused by bringing a mold and fungus infested connifer into the house; last year I put my foot down and told the OL it would be an artificial tree or none at all.

So this is the second year I do not have to worry about putting lights on a tree that is just going to make my eyes itch and my sinuses block up for the next month.

The other nice thing is no deadline on taking it down, in fact I can just put the whole thing into the store room and drape it with a sheet; or seperate it into its three sections, leave the lights and ornaments on it and box it as is.

This not only makes it easier to deal with, but I told her it means more money to spend on things to put under it.

Lots of outlet stores around these parts.

After years of suffering the allegies caused by bringing a mold and fungus infested connifer into the house; last year I put my foot down and told the OL it would be an artificial tree or none at all.

So this is the second year I do not have to worry about putting lights on a tree that is just going to make my eyes itch and my sinuses block up for the next month.

The other nice thing is no deadline on taking it down, in fact I can just put the whole thing into the store room and drape it with a sheet; or seperate it into its three sections, leave the lights and ornaments on it and box it as is.

This not only makes it easier to deal with, but I told her it means more money to spend on things to put under it.

Lots of outlet stores around these parts.

LOL...hahahahaha!!!

Smart thinking Pete!

...Nevermind. I think I'll pour myself another cup o' Joe instead. ;)

Cant wait for 3 ghosts to visit you on Christmas eve... :blush::P ...

PLEASE! I have enough trouble dealing with the paranormal events in my life as it is, don't wish that upon me! (Arrgh, trying to get the entire idea out of my head .... )

(Unrelated to topic: The television show Medium gets it correct: natrually they dramatize it for TV but they accurately portray the difficulites of understanding what's going on and the responsibilities that go along with such knowledge.)

:wacko::blink:

Say wha...?

Say wha...?

Short version: Been dealing with the paranormal since I was a child. Have come to realize everyone has natural abilities but due to cultural pressure (largely religious in nature) we are not taught what it is, that it doesn't exist when we ask about it, and so we eventually learn to suppress it. Being a stubborn SOB even when I was four years old I refused to accept that what I was experiencing "didn't exist." I eventually found the information that explained everything I had been experiencing all my life.

So, suggest to me that I'm going to be visited by "ghosts" (the true nature of which is slightly different than the commonly held belief), and it's quite possible it will happen. You started the 'energy' that would send them here, and I am perfectly capable of seeing them.

So, don't do that! :D

------

Wait! Maybe I can "count ghosts" to get to sleep!

Edited by JDoors
Say wha...?

Short version: Been dealing with the paranormal since I was a child. Have come to realize everyone has natural abilities but due to cultural pressure (largely religious in nature) we are not taught what it is, that it doesn't exist when we ask about it, and so we eventually learn to suppress it. Being a stubborn SOB even when I was four years old I refused to accept that what I was experiencing "didn't exist." I eventually found the information that explained everything I had been experiencing all my life.

So, suggest to me that I'm going to be visited by "ghosts" (the true nature of which is slightly different than the commonly held belief), and it's quite possible it will happen. You started the 'energy' that would send them here, and I am perfectly capable of seeing them.

------

WOW

M

Say wha...?

------

I think someone is off his rocker. Been hittin the holiday egg nog a bit early?

:P

The Human brain is a hugely complex accomplishment and in the great scheme of things a fairly recent developement. In other words, not all the bugs have been worked out yet; the hardware and software both have a habit of malfunctioning.

I am not going to get into the pros and cons of religion; suffice it to say that based on my understanding of the human mind - religion is a logical consequence of the existance of the human race.

The human mind works with a comparative pattern recognition. It tries to match new incomming data to previously stored events and items.

So when there is a new unrecognized input; it is matched to the nearest stored pattern. When no pattern exists in the incomming data; the brain tries to find one. If you listen to white noise, if you are paranoid enough you will hear voices in it. If you stare at clouds long enough you will see recognizeable patterns. If you stare into the darkness of a foggy night you will see shapes and even the input of varying blood pressure on the optic nerve will often cause the feeling of seeing something in the dark.

Add to this such things as magnetically induced temporal lobe discharges and the effects of many over the counter medications ; and you do not need to be paranoid or schizophrenic to see and hear things.

... when there is a new unrecognized input; it is matched to the nearest stored pattern. ...

While I'm aware of several scientific theories* about the hows and whys, there ain't no scientific explanation for what I've experienced.

Yet, I'll admit that much. :)

* Most recently an attempt to explain 'deja vu'; The same information takes different pathways through the brain therefore arriving at different times. "Hey, I've been here before" (supposedly) occurs because some of the information has already arrived through a shorter or more efficient pathway, then milleseconds later, through another pathway, you actually recognize the place. Your brain says, "Hey, why have I seen this information before?." And as you state, through the miracle of the human brain, the only explanation that's possible is that you HAVE been there before (a pattern you can recognize). You aren't physically aware of the neural pathways and their shenanigans so the (supposed) actual explanation eludes us.

I recently read about a researcher who wanted to find out how adults look to a newborn (well not fully newborn since it takes a bit before they can see.). After much research and testing they concluded that initially , babies only see in black and white (The rod cells which see black and white are more primitive and develope before the cone cells which see color) and have severe astigmatism (distortion of objects based on distance).

When he applied these distortions to see how a mothers face appears to a nursing baby or one being picked up from a crip, he discovered that it looks just like the "Alien Grey" described by those who claim to have been abducted by aliens. So that may well be an archetype template stored in the brain from its earliest days.

This also explains the aliens obsession with rectal probes (baby thermometers) and the implants (early vaccinations).

After watching the movie "fire in the sky", screw the Aliens and their damn probes...I am going to remain seated during the invasion and duct tape all my openings closed...

Wait did that already happen...nope!...lol

IF true, and not just another "let's see if we can fit this into some sort of pattern" error (people worldwide throughout history claim to see similar 'alien' faces, infants see something that also looks similar, and that might possibly explain the sightings ... or is it just coincidence?), it then brings up some serious questions about the ability to retain your earliest memories. Some people claim to remember looking up out of their crib and trying to talk but they cannot, some remember being born, and some remember before that. "Nonsense!," everybody says, "That's ridiculous! The memory connections couldn't possibly have formed yet!"

But now they're saying you just might remember seeing faces from the time you were an infant? Hmm ... Who's spouting nonsense?

• 3 weeks later...