What About The Chance Of Sony Rootkit In Song Brand Digital Camera.....

Actually, yes. It has been found that the rootkit was loaded on new Sony digital cameras. It would block you from sharing your photos. For more information on the rootkit, and removal help, see here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34904.html

Here\'s some more info:

Many consumers are complaining about Sony\'s new Cybershot DSCP515 camera that installs digital rights management (DRM) software on the person\'s computer so they are unable to share their digital pictures with anyone.

Matt

Actually, yes. It has been found that the rootkit was loaded on new Sony digital cameras. It would block you from sharing your photos. For more information on the rootkit, and removal help, see here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34904.html

Thanks for the info. and damn the Sony. I think I'll try to return it.

The Dragon Slayer, I just did some quick googling, and actually, that may or may not be a hoax. It hasn't been confirmed yet. Thought I'd let you know before you returned the camera

Matt

I'm leaning towards hoax for the simple fact that the main reason for people using digital cameras is to easily share personal photos with others. Why would you use a personal camera to share copyrighted photos? Just download and send. No camera needs to be involved. I am however glad that Sony is suffering this kind of payback.

Yah...that's a hoax.

People are just going crazy over this fiasco from Sony, and now the paranoia birds are jumping all over it...."everything Sony is suspect" is going to be all over the net soon, but the only confirmed subject are the Sony CD's.

It's healthy to have a little distrust after what they pulled, but its gonna soon be outright lunacy from some out there, so be wary of all the conspiracy stuff you'll see. Any real concerns will be well documented on reliable, trustworthy news sites, so stick with them.

Maybe Sony is of the opinion that any publicity is good, even when it is bad news against them?

Or they just don't get it...yeah that's probably it.

Here is the original whistle blower's blog site. You can scroll all the way down to how he discovered all this nasty Sony garbage.

Mark's Sysinternals blog

Some poor unsuspecting people are going to have new Sony cd garbage given to them for Christmas infecting their computers and they wont even know it. Actually I bet most people don't even know it now. It has only been mentioned slightly in one newspaper article here, and I haven't seen anything on local news.

A company that arrogant, that incompetent, that devious, that :wacko: ....grrrrrr....should not be allowed to do business in this country. But in reality they will be around to do it all over again in some other form. I wouldn't trust them any further than I do any other stinking skunk. Sorry, that is defaming the real live skunks of the animal kingdom. So since I don't like snakes, I will call Sony a slithering snake instead.

Pat.

God bless everyone.

It's healthy to have a little distrust after what they pulled, but its gonna soon be outright lunacy from some out there, so be wary of all the conspiracy stuff you'll see. Any real concerns will be well documented on reliable, trustworthy news sites, so stick with them.

"Trust is hard to build, but easy to destory"

After that scare, many people who knows about Sony's rootkit will have a hard time to gain their trust.