Stop Error Whhile Surfin Internet.

Ok i recieved this stop error while surfin the web in firefox. first though i had recieved " Firefox has hit critcal error do you want to send a log to microsoft" crap. Then shortly after i recieved this my computer blanked and went to a screen that said this.

*** STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xBF8369D2, 0xAEBD820C, 0x00000000) ***

I had a bad virus scare bout 5-6 days ago but I thought i had fixed it. I got 2 at once that attacked norton first thing and Ctrl-Alt-Del task manager. I downloaded AVG to make up for it. It wouldn't update but it still found them. It got rid of them and i used system restore to go back 2 days. it was fine. next day AVG found a worm and deleted it.

Now the system seems to be fine except i have never had a stop error before except when i used to use speed fan to lower my clock speeds to cool the CPU off (no need for it now installed a new HSF that dropped temps 10 degrees C the same night i got the viruses) and those stop errors happened everytime. i haven't used that software in about a month or 2.

This is an especially strange stop error when i was only surfing the internet. Normally I would ignore this but with the viruses and the strange circumstances, it has me worried.

I'd appreciate any help or info. Thanks.

well, go to this link,

http://www.aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

and on the left side select 8E, and yu will find info about tagt stop error message.

what causes the error is normally hardware, hardware drivers, and or you need a bios update.

as for using speedfan to change the cpu speed, that is not recomended.

the best way is to do it from in the bios settings.