arachnid40

Neat Holiday Light Video

Great! I was looking for a reliable link to it since the one I had kept closing to due too much bandwidth useage (umm, come to think of it, I think it was the same as yours -- [edit] Which I just tried and it didnt' work ... ).

Isn't that just the MOST amazing thing?

Edited by JDoors

Wow! That is amazing. But glad that guy isn't my neighbor ;)

Liz

Lol! That was my first thought too. That person is insane. Clever and talented, but insane.Wow!

:blink:

I figured out the artist and title of the song. The artist is Trans-Siberian Orchestra the song title is "Wizard In Winter".

Michael

I figured out the artist and title of the song. The artist is Trans-Siberian Orchestra the song title is "Wizard In Winter".

Michael

I know a lot of people who will be happy to finally know the song -- Though many of us had guessed it was The Trans-Siberian Orchestra, we had no idea how to check it out.

That has got to be one of the COOLEST things I've ever seen!!! Thats simply amazing...

Wow, what a show and whoever designed it has really got talent, and time, and money. I wonder how the neighbors will try to outdo that one...

Thanks for that link, I'm sending this one to everyone I know for sure.

That is really cool!! :lol:

Actually, someone in my school burned the video to a DVD and we watched it in class, and then I came home and was looking around the forums, saw this post and laughed. It is very cool.

B

So I saw a short segment on TV about that house. First, I thought it was funny that so many people around the web stated in no uncertain terms that there was some sort of trickery involved, that the lights weren't real. Ha.

The guy who put them up is an engineer. His wife wanted him to put up "some" lights. There are dozens of controllers, relays, a computer, etc. in the garage controlling all of it. If you drive by they broadcast the music on the FM band, so you just tune it in on your car radio. There's no loudspeaker playing it, so the neighbors aren't bothered (and the lights go off at 10:00 PM). He has programmed many other songs.

Umm, that's all I remember just now.

------

Yet another update: The local authorities shut him down after they were unable to respond to a vehicular accident in front of the house due to the tremendous amount of traffic generated by the display.

Aww, no more 'holiday light display' for him ... :(

Edited by JDoors