Walmart Notebook ( Black Friday )

Check out these sites too, they show a load of store ads with some great deals.

Black Friday 2005

Gotta Deal

Thanks a lot for these links, good way to research :).

I'm debating whether to get the laptop or not....I mean, excellent, EXCELLENT price to get an OK laptop, but my family already has one and i'm building up a collection of comp parts, i don't need to add to the pile....What do you guys think? I could still find use for one, but not desperately needed....Should I get one anyway?

its just a toy, so you probably do not need it, better to save your money :-). I do not need it either, but...... It has been while since i bought a toy. I can't wait to get it, format it, and reinstall windows(make room to dual boot linux) then start building gentoo on it.

Edited by shanenin

I use a laptop as part of my business. I carry it with me to use as a means of connecting to the internet for research in the event my customer's computer is unable to connect or function properly. Even though I'm not a big fan of HP, if I had the money I'd buy myself one of these to replace my old on-the-verge-of-death clunker.

I use a laptop as part of my business. I carry it with me to use as a means of connecting to the internet for research in the event my customer's computer is unable to connect or function properly. Even though I'm not a big fan of HP, if I had the money I'd buy myself one of these to replace my old on-the-verge-of-death clunker.

That is part of my reasoning. Prepared or not, as a February I will be published in the yellow pages as a computer service company. I was thing a laptop WOULD come in very handy.

I saw ad in newspaper for tommorow for cicut city.

15inch laptop

512mb ddr2 ram

wireless G

don't remember he speed... but it doesnt matter f its not for gaming really...

comes with free wirelesrouter and printer

$199 It looks like a steal... need to be there at 5am lol

Bestbuy also has a great deal, but they say the store only has 10 availbale. I have NO DESIRE to fight with other people to grab one of the 10. That kind of stress and negativity is not needed in my life. I am guessing walmart will have more then 10, I think that will not be a such a bad situation(I hope).

I have my alarm set for 4:30, so I am at walmart before 5:00. This is not like me to do something so extreme, but I would really like to come home with a laptop :-)

15inch laptop

512mb ddr2 ram

wireless G

With 12 months of AOHELL has to be done with it. That adds about $250.00 or so more to it... :(:angry2:

15inch laptop

512mb ddr2 ram

wireless G

With 12 months of AOHELL has to be done with it. That adds about $250.00 or so more to it... :(:angry2:

always a catch huh..:)

Bestbuy also has a great deal, but they say the store only has 10 availbale.

This is from memory from last night....but i do believe it was MINIMUM of 10 at each store.... but still there is pobuly only like 15, i went to staples to get my 200gb HD, they had a minimum of 15, they probuly had around 25 or so, i got the 3rd to last one =D and it was only $30

I was to slow. i got there at 4:50 am. All twenty of them were spoken for. I have know idea when those people got there. I made an effort, oh well :-( My time has a value also, i was not about to spend my whole night at walmart standing in line.

I saw on the news that they had near riots . In one place they had a fight break out when one guy was throwing them over the crowd to his friends; and another where a cop maced everyone when they seemed out of control.

Personally , It is not worth it. My theory is if it falls into the "buy it now or not at all" catagory , I can live without it. I hate sales pressure (buy it now) , there are plenty of other places which have similar offers and most have more in stock and do not have a five hour time limit .

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_...oduct_id=214681

For example. $659 with two hundred dollar rebates for final cost of $459. If you buy at the store and qualify for and get one of their visa credit cards, you get an additional hundred off for final cost of $359.

http://www.microcenter.com/images/specials...page01_full.jpg

Look in the middle of the notebooks.

Gee the sale runs for two weeks; not six hours; what a novel idea.

Bestbuy also has a great deal, but they say the store only has 10 availbale.

This is from memory from last night....but i do believe it was MINIMUM of 10 at each store.... but still there is pobuly only like 15, i went to staples to get my 200gb HD, they had a minimum of 15, they probuly had around 25 or so, i got the 3rd to last one =D and it was only $30

Friday nites local news showed 2 guys in Destin, Fl. Walmart that were fighting over the last laptop. It hit the floor and they both hit the jail house... What some people will do to save a buck or 2.

ummmm they are low-end laptop

Who do you think would sell you a $2500.00 Toshiba or any other brand for $199.00. Of course they are low end. Most notebooks are until you start getting up to about $900.00 or more.

Dell had one of theirs on sale and ran out and was nice enough to offer something else that was pretty close to equal. This one had 2 rebates to get it to that price. You can bet that they were hoping the rebates would never come back...